Trailmate Meteor & Gas Power

Btw, custom starter is almost done and will have pics soon. For the next part, may have to have some machine work done on the rear axles, but that will be forthcoming.

Patrick, I went by my LBS yesterday, and he had several Trailmate bikes/trikes on the floor, including a Meteor. Let me take it out the door and cruise around his parking lot.

Boy, I see what you mean - that is one SWEEEEET! machine.

I'm very happy that our MBc Site Leader has put the 'seal of approval' on my ride.<g> I found that the the Meteor had a much huskier feel than most of the other deltas in it's price class. It has the Suns, and other such, beat all hollow. It's well designed, well built and looks good. It was not too difficult to motorize, and should do quite well under power. With the 21 speed gears that it has now, I can get it up to 30 mph under pedal power (altho I obviously can't sustain that for very long.) It cruises quite nicely at 15-20mph. I have had no experience climbing hills, however, since 'hills' are not a significant feature of the south west Florida landscape. You have to go farther North, which I haven't done.

Anyway, thanks for the vote of confidence, and let's help get the Trailmate Meteor a Delta Trike in the main stream...I really don't think most poeple know much about it.

Last edited:
The owner of the LBC says that in his opinion, the Meteor is the best value for the money in its class by far. He also handles Sun bikes, Giant, - quite a list of brands, but his personal ride is a PAV3 from Worksman. Which he rides to the store and back home every day come rain or shine - 12 miles one way.

The PAV3 is a nice ride. One of my LBS's let me take one for a ride. But, in a long search, and a lot of test rides, I settled on the Meteor. It just seems to fit me, and seems to be safer and more stable than the others. I may have been a newbie around here for a while, but that doesn't mean I haven't inspected, tested, and ridden a wide range of trikes before I bought the Meteor.

My original post asked for help on where to start. I got a LOT of replies via the Forum and e-mail. So, I went on a hunt. I went from Naples to Tampa and to the Miami area. This was a big expenditure for me, so it had to be right. I settled on the Trailmate Meteor. It seemed like the very best bang for the buck. And, I have been able to customize it quite well, and get it just the way I have wanted it. <Giggle> No, I do not work for Trailmate, and do not get any 'kick-back' from the sales. I just like the ride!

Last edited:
That is a long, round about story, Ted. But log onto the home page of Trailmate, at http//:www.trailmate.com/
and search for a local dealer. Trailmate is produced right here in Bradendon, Fl., but they would prefer you went thru a local dealer. They have a good search engine for that.

PatrickW...yes found a dealer in Seminole..going to go check one out, rode a tadpole trike last week in Tampa...reading everything on this forum...need a trike for my 2ed MB build...waiting on your pics..press on dude

Thanks for the encouragement...I'm still plugging away at it. I know that I'm not the only one on this Forum who does not have everything 'physical' up to 100% going for them, but we just keep plugging and gittin' 'er done.

I have no doubt that you will like the Meteor alot. If you are not so interested in the enjoyment of soaking up the countryside while pedeling your trike,[and just want to run on Motoration] don't pass up Trailmate's 'Lowrider' model.

You can get it with a single speed w/coasterbrake and Hand Clampers on front, or a three speed with Hand Clampers both front and rear. Dave Staton, Oklahoma City, makes a specific motorating kit for that little spitfire, and, with the right gearing, it should go like a rocket and be stable as all-git-out.

http://www.staton-inc.com/Results1.asp?Category=14 the bottom center photo on page.

Let me know what you decide. I B Curious.

Back