Transfer ports

If you have a mill you can just drill it out with a small bit, it's nice to have the corner rounded. With your closed transfer the most important part is where the air enters the cylinder. You have to check the opening with your degree wheel, but you're probably safe to clean off some of that jagged edge, and bevel the cylinder entry.

Ok thanks for info, I'm not going to do anything to transfer ports till I put a degree wheel on it & see where transfer port timing is at.

The transfers on this cylinder is kinda what you're looking for.

Attachments

• Transfers.jpg
    Transfers.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 104
Could someone explain transfer port roof angle, like what is best roof angle for all around performance. Also explain to me what angles effect what & how it effects the engine.

Could someone explain transfer port roof angle, like what is best roof angle for all around performance. Also explain to me what angles effect what & how it effects the engine.
The angles direct how the charge enters the cylinder and we don't want to shoot it right out the exhaust port so a swirl pattern is used that keeps the charge trapped within the cylinder for best results. The roof angle is generally pretty flat 15 degrees works well in these, but then the wall angles also direct alot of the flow and are what create the swirl, the one closest to the exh is best matched to the intake side's one flowing away from the exh port and crossing just behind the center of piston top.

Back