Transmission Like Death Row 212cc

chrisallen

Local time
1:42 PM
Hello,
Does anybody know of other predator transmission like the one included with the death row kit that will let you install the sprocket on the back of the plate instead of only between the converter and the plate. I have included pic of what I mean.

Thanks
Inked212dr-xl_LI.jpg

you might look at ombwarehouse.com and contact them. they do a lot of predator 212 parts and are great to deal with

Those little 30 series knockoff backing plates are weak and have terrible feedback from users on bigger motors. Tons of stories of them breaking, and even when they don't outright break they will bend under acceleration throwing stuff out of alignment and cause excessive sprocket wear.

Even the name brand ones like Comet and GTC only rate them to 7hp, which a Predator 212 will pass with basically just an air filter and/or modded governor. The 40 series is the proper one to run for reliability or mods since it's rated up to 13-18hp depending on brand, but now you're talking closer to $400 for the torque convertor+mounting plate for a ~$120 motor which is kind of nuts...and nobody sells the heavy duty backing plate by itself(I've checked). If you can fabricate, you can get the 40 series driver/driven clutches for $300 and then rig up mounting plate yourself and save ~$100. Also, the 40 series only come in a 1" bore driver so you will need a 3/4"-1" crank sleeve adapter as well (no biggy, those are only ~$20).

This is the cheapest setup I would trust on a stock Predator, and it comes with the washer needed to space it off the shaft lip. https://gokartsusa.com/Comet-TAV2-GTC-Torque-Converter-Predator.aspx . Note that if you plan on any mods, stepping up to the expensive 40 series or a performance clutch+jackshaft setup is recommended.

Predator 212 may be a cheap motor for its power level, which entices a lot of people, but it is not cheap to properly run.

FNTPuck is not telling tales about the backing plate. It is a die casting with a knit line that does not fuse. They all fail at the exact place time after time.
Tom

Back