Transmission options for flathead Honda G100

https://www.gasbike.net/products/79cc-transmission-for-predator-engine-4-stroke Don't see why this won't work I have a briggs and stratton 3hp and it looks like it will bolt to that as well but the threads are different. Should be the same with Honda since metric.
Is that the one that everyone says has a bad gear ratio?

EDIT: I looked on a gear ratio calculator and it showed with a 10 tooth clutch-22tooth sprocket-9tooth output-44 tooth wheel is about a 10:1 ratio

Last edited:
What I'd do is just try something and if you need a diff sprocket then you need a diff sprocket. I estimate you will get in the 30mph range with the Honda engine. Don't think too much do your calculations if you want. My 79cc bike would do high 20's or 30 with governor still on 40 tooth sprocket. The acceleration was dog sh*t. You have a different engine.

What I'd do is just try something and if you need a diff sprocket then you need a diff sprocket. I estimate you will get in the 30mph range with the Honda engine. Don't think too much do your calculations if you want. My 79cc bike would do high 20's or 30 with governor still on 40 tooth sprocket. The acceleration was dog sh*t. You have a different engine.
Plus I am taking off my governor...
I am hoping for at least 30mph especially if I can keep decent acceleration

No man you don't need to weld anything you just need a flat billet plate 🤓 All you'd have to do is get some bolts and a hacksaw file maybe and a drill. The only part that needs bolted onto the transmission is the jackshaft support and they are 5mm threaded holes.

Back