Transmission problems

Lowflyingduck

Local time
12:56 PM
Hi, I’m new and I don’t know what to do. I buy a 49cc 4 stroke motor from some guy. Put it all together and pull start the bike, the bike just just takes off. My hands are not on the throttle. What do I need to do and look for to solve this runaway bike. Thanks.

When Lowflyingduck says the bike just takes off, is he referring to a very high idle or is he saying the clutch is too tight and the bike just "takes off" as in its already in gear before even letting off the clutch ???...Or a combination of both ???...DAMIEN

When Lowflyingduck says the bike just takes off, is he referring to a very high idle or is he saying the clutch is too tight and the bike just "takes off" as in its already in gear before even letting off the clutch ???...Or a combination of both ???...DAMIEN
4t has centrifugal clutch and engagement is with rpm. If the bike hits some "R"s when you pull the start cord, you could hurt yourself or others and wreck your bike. Best to have the rear wheel up off the ground while your tuning.

Back