Transmission problems

Lowflyingduck

Local time
3:55 PM
Hi, I’m new and I don’t know what to do. I buy a 49cc 4 stroke motor from some guy. Put it all together and pull start the bike, the bike just just takes off. My hands are not on the throttle. What do I need to do and look for to solve this runaway bike. Thanks.

Hi, I’m new and I don’t know what to do. I buy a 49cc 4 stroke motor from some guy. Put it all together and pull start the bike, the bike just just takes off. My hands are not on the throttle. What do I need to do and look for to solve this runaway bike. Thanks.
Did you hook up the throttle? And, check it's operation by turning the grip?

Maybe the idle speed is set too high? The clutch isn't supposed to "grab" until 3000 rpm, and the engine is supposed to idle around 2500 rpm. Check to make sure your throttle cable has a tiny bit of slack when in the idle position.

I check the carb, it’s not stuck or there’s any debris inside of it. I even took out the carb and clean it and it still wants to runaway from me when I started.

There’s no slack on the throttle. I disconnect the throttle to see if it will runaway from me and It does takes off.
Maybe the idle speed is set too high? The clutch isn't supposed to "grab" until 3000 rpm, and the engine is supposed to idle around 2500 rpm. Check to make sure your throttle cable has a tiny bit of slack when in the idle position.

Back