Travel Tools and Supply/Repairs- Show us your Road Kit

WHat tools do you carry on your everyday rides?

• Tools! I don't need no stinkin TOOLS!

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • A Pocket knife and Duct Tape, Baby...

Votes: 21 13.5%
  • Universal Bike Tool

Votes: 32 20.6%
  • Flat Repair Kit

Votes: 32 20.6%
  • Pump or Tire inflator

Votes: 31 20.0%
  • Full Bicycle repair kit.

Votes: 86 55.5%

• Total voters
My tools are the ordinary sort, wrenches, allen wrenches, screwdriver, linesman's pliers,
(plastic) tire irons, etc.

but I'd also highly recommend brand new inner tubes. Cheapos don't matter on the cost issue. And it's much better than trying to patch a tube by the side of the road.

i carry basically whats been said... a two crescent wrench sets for adjusting if need be, allen wrench for the brake pads.. and a tube kit.

I have:
6'' crescent wrench for general fasteners and to take the tire off
4 and 5 mm allan wrench which allows me to tighten cover bolts and my clutch flower lock screw(much easier to work with)
spare tube
c02 cartridges and tool for obvious reason
clean rag
small multi tool covers most else

The thing I worry about is a flat. So I "Slimed" my tires, and carry the "Innovations" tire repair pouch, w/ irons, co2 & patches. I have "AAA" on my car and called to see if they would come get me on my MB......No soap! I wonder if a cab would throw your MB in the trunk and save the day? :confused:

I wouldn't count on the cab. though a tip might smooth things out a bit. Let's say $10.00? the cabbie would probably be happy and it would be a small price to pay to get the bike where you need to go.

And thinking about it a bit I like Large Fil's rope suggestion. It's light and packs small and it could have many good uses. That guy has had a few good ideas.

Haven't seen you in a while, Large Filipino. You're still with us, aren't you?

Back