Travel Tools and Supply/Repairs- Show us your Road Kit

WHat tools do you carry on your everyday rides?

• Tools! I don't need no stinkin TOOLS!

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • A Pocket knife and Duct Tape, Baby...

Votes: 21 13.5%
  • Universal Bike Tool

Votes: 32 20.6%
  • Flat Repair Kit

Votes: 32 20.6%
  • Pump or Tire inflator

Votes: 31 20.0%
  • Full Bicycle repair kit.

Votes: 86 55.5%

• Total voters
i don't see how to vote but here goes, first of all i changed all of my screws on my engine over to allen head screws to cut down on tools i need to carry. a full set of allens take less space and are easy to carry. i also carry 10mm, 13mm, and 15mm open box end wrenches for other adjustments like brakes, one phillips and one straight blade screwdriver. now for parts, one spare inner tube, one cdi and one magneto. a small medicine bottle with at least one of each of the original screws i took off the engine as i changed them out because they vibrate out on other peoples bikes. not mine though i put locktite on my screws. and then i also carry a motor mount clamp because i have seen at least two bikes now that the thing fell off someones bike and then the motor tilted and chain got loose causing a complete breakdown.

They DO grip round pipe, but probly not as well as their Cobra pliers. Similar design designed for pipe...

I see they (knipex) make a 6" mini, a 7" set and the next size is 10"
Which do you prefer?

I carry a full toolbar all the time. Most every trip I takes is at least 6 miles round trip.

A word about reliability: Consumer Reports says that motorcycle fail in new models is exceedingly high! Harleys and BMW show a 40% major repair rate in the first year! Stunning!

I carry:

Full set of metric allen wrenches;

Big and small Crescent wrench;

Flathead and Phillips screwdrivers;

Small pair of Vice Grips;

Combo wrenches sizes 10mm, 12mm, 13mm, 7/16th, 1/2", 3/8", 9/16th;

6mm 1.0 nuts and bolts
8mm 1.25 nuts and bolts
1/4"-20 nuts and bolts
5/16"-18 nuts and bolts

Various washers and lock washers;

Maybe a few other things...

3/8 to 9/16 wrench set, 1/4 drive metric and sae socket set, 6 and10 inch cresent, #'s1 and 2 Phillips, small flat blade screwdrivers. Tire, tube, changer tools, pump, spokes, spoke wrench, rim and duct tape, baling wire and duck tape. Gotta build a trailer just to carry what THINK I need, but this is pretty much what I run with.

Back