Trek 4500/ GP460 now Staton 18.75 Drive

Mike,

one day too late, my kit is disassembled and packed for shipping.

in my case the mount was a simple piece of scrap bolted to the Staton multi point lower mount with an empty sewing spool on a 1/4" bolt.

it was an after thought to try while i waited for my kit to sell, worked fine for me, wish i had done it much earlier.

steve

Steve,
So it was just a pulley against the chain to take up a little of the slack? My chain is tight in a standard staton rear inside mount. I guess the question is do I need it? I get some wawawa upon acceleration, thought that might be clutch. I can get the chai pretty tight...more tight? Less tight? not a sigificant problem, just seems like a good tweak. Thanks for the help.
-M

for me it seemed that the tighter the chain the worse it was when i had no guide.

after using the guide i didn't need to use some much tension.

if you can look down and back at your chain, when you are getting that wawawa it's likely moving side to side at the same frequency. the side motion is the main issue in this matter and it won't be controled for long with simple chain tension.

steve

Thanks Steve:
I'll try and cobble up a skate board wheel attached to the mounting tube. I'll also see if I can find a chain guide tensoiner at the auto parts store. I've seen reference to Tractor Supply having a cheap ($10) spring loaded model. Closest TS is about 40 minutes away in Alton, IL.
-Mike

Back