Tribute to Rex and Solex

H

Hammer

Hi! We called it Rhino HellDiver :eek:

Front fork mounted engine, chain, and a lot of fun with burnouts :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-VAGMi4ms8

Speed is above 50 km/h, top speed still unknown.

From Russia with love.

Attachments

• final.jpg
    final.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 650
  • final_2.jpg
    final_2.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 610
  • 122153202.jpg
    122153202.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 540
  • 122153241.jpg
    122153241.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 481
  • 122153278.jpg
    122153278.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 482

bluegoatwoods

Local time
3:16 AM
Pretty cool build you have there.

I can't be sure, but you might be our first member from Russia. So congratulations.

We'll see you around.

S

SirJakesus

It has to have reduction. If you look at the direction the recoil starter pulls the engine it would run in reverse with just a clutch. The wheel sprocket would be too small for direct gearing as well. Neat stuff hammer, I've never seen an engine mounted that way, genius!
It does look much smaller than I would like though. I like being able to fully extend my legs to pedal along.

E

Egor

Good looking bike. It has a seat like a early Schwinn Sting Ray from the 60's. I see a lot of those gear boxes on Ebay. Hammer does it pull from a stop on its own? Looks like you are having fun. Dave

F

fireball_jones

Privet hammer, love the bike quite similiatr to mine. how do you mount that sprocket on the wheel hub? i would love one of those. there are loads of the gearbox front sprocket and drive sprokets on ebay but cant find a compatible QUALITY hub, sealed bearings etc. how do find that small chain works? also could you please post some photos of the hub.

thanks,

im fireball btw :)

H

Hammer

Pics of mounted sprocket will be later. Wide pocket quad chain works fine and quite!