tried every think bike won't start, read many forums before aking 4 help

firerider

Local time
8:02 PM
hoping and wishing someone can help:confused::confused:
rode bike about one month ,did not know rain can have affect on engine.
next day would not start,after some reading ,check cdi ok,found magneto defective -replace magneto checked and
secured wiring -unhooked kill sw.when i try 2 start now i pedal up 2 good speed release clutch handle engine try 2 start
i think goes puck puck puck when clutch is engaged. can any help this is my first build.

all input is valualbe 2me, thanks

Richrd

Last edited:
bike won't start, hope am in the right forum.

guys i am new at this but have a basic understanding of engines. brought this star fire gen 11 -been riding over 3 weeks,4 got i left it out doors in a heavy rain.the next morning it started after about 3 miles it shut off and has not restart. After reading many post i decide 2 replace the cdi and magneto
still no start. when i pedal up 2 speed and release clutch handle bike just puck-puck-puck and stop.
i do hear the piston going up and down. Again guys new at this don't want 2 offend anyone if in the wrong area. pls need your help eager 2 learn and follow your instructions!

please help me anyone if u can.

THNKS,Richard

want 2 live up 2 my handle (fire rider)

Got caught in rain

:rolleyes: STARTED BIKE NEXT MORNING AFTER 3 MILES BIKE JUST SHUT OFF ,WOULD NOT RESTART.
BEGAN READING MANY POSTINGS AFTER READING THEM REPLACE CDI AND MAGNETO WITH NEW
PLUG AND CABLE STILL NO START.WHEN I PEDAL UP 2 SPEED AND RELEASE CLUTCH HANDLE THE BIKE GOES PUCK-PUCK A FEW TIMES AND STOP.AT A DEAD END, IS THERE ANYONE THAT CAN HELP?

HOPE I AM IN THE RIGHT FORUM.

IF U CANNOT HELP ME HERE MAYBE U CAN FORWARD UR INSTUCTIONS 2 MY E-MAIL

richardrpsb@yahoo.com

thanks 4 any help---richard:confused:

Sounds like water in the gas. Drain the tank and carb float bowl and put fresh premix in.
Take the spark plug off and hold it to the head and push the bike and look for spark. Its easier to see at night or inside a building.
Also try to start the bike and then take the plug out to see that it is wet.

bike won't start, hope am in the right forum

reicive a reply from Jaguar last week it was informative ,will drain tank and put fresh gas in.I am reposting becos i think i can be more discripive of my problem 4 you guys. first i have a star fire gen
11 58cc engine ran fine four 2 weeks after putting it together. 4 got and left it out doors in a heavy
rain,next morning it did start ,after 3 miles from friends house cut off did not restart after several attempts.after reading different post found magneto bad-replace magneto,cdi spark plug and wire still no start so i tried 2 adjust clutch to no avail. whats happening is when i pedal up to speed it
and release clutch it goes puk-puk-puk and stop. What did i do wrong and can you help.

P.S. it does free wheel fine,when i first got it, with the clutch lever out the bike would not move , now i can push it a little and hear piston go up and on.

SORRY 2 BE PAIN NEW AT THIS TRYING 2 LEARN AND USE THIS FORUM CORRRECTLY:confused:

tHNKS JAGUAR WILL TRY THIS TOMORROW,BIKE ON OTHER SIDE OF TOWN, WILL LET U KNOW HOW I MAKE OUT.

AGAIN THANK U
RICHARD

Back