Trike for the golden years

try 1897

Local time
4:57 AM
After my two wheeler and I hit the ditch and caused me a gash across the nose and a couple broken ribs I got another trike. I built a schwinn meridian years ago for the wife so we could cruise but it was too slow for her to keep up and so I used to make g store runs on it. She passed in 2010 and the house and garage burned down the following year. I'm 67 now and disabled. I don't need to go over the bars again so this build is a trike for me. I got a worksman mover 1980 and an old bike bug motor. I'll add an electric hub motor and three speed hub to the pedals when I can afford to. Sad to face the fact that I got old but it happened.

So the bikes pushin 40 and the bike bug motors pushin 50 .I'm 67 and the place I'm going to move to, Crisfield Md is flat like a pool table. This will be the last build probably for me. I think the old worksman trike will go 25 plus mph with my fat butt and the crabbing gear. I need a three speed coaster break conversion kit for it but alas can't afford one. Wish me luck........Tom

I would love to post pictures but this tablet is connected via my home Wi-Fi thus has no server and no e-mail address for me to use to become a member. So I guess I can't post pics till I get a new cell phone.I have a home phone so I haven't been worried about it. It's tough being disabled and living below poverty level. Tom

I would love to post pictures but this tablet is connected via my home Wi-Fi thus has no server and no e-mail address for me to use to become a member. So I guess I can't post pics till I get a new cell phone.I have a home phone so I haven't been worried about it. It's tough being disabled and living below poverty level. Tom
Hi Try 18972,
You can actually sign up without a valid email address. You don't need to verify your email, just go here https://motoredbikes.com/register/ and enter in your username Try18972 and any old email address if you have one or just make one up. Enter Try18972@motoredbikes.com for the email address for instance if you don't have one and you should then be registered.

The only downside to not having a valid email address is that you won't get notifications and I will have to approve all of your posts. But try creating an account and then I can set you up a free email address and message you the login details through the forum :)

Hi Tom, I know exactly what you mean with the disability and low income to boot. (And I'm still trying to raise my four teenagers, LOL.)
You can also set up a free Microsoft* email address easily at live.com. Or let Anton help you out.
Good luck again, - J.P.

*choose either @outlook.com or @hotmail.com when you choose your address—it doesn't matter which you pick.

Are any of these accounts yours? https://motoredbikes.com/members/try1897.1914/ or https://motoredbikes.com/members/try18972-101.29145

I can't honestly say. Medical treatment over the years has fried my short term memory as well as some long term. I would assume if it contains try 1897 it had to do with me. I was a member of this site way back when augi was around . Tom

I would assume if it contains try 1897 it had to do with me. I was a member of this site way back when augi was around . Tom
OK no problems, I have merged 2 of your accounts together and you can log in with the following details.

Username: try1897

Hope you can now recover your account and sorry for hijacking this thread!

Back