TRIPPIN' ON A TWO STROKE: "Valley Forge National Historical Park" - A Motorized Bicycle Tour

Production of the video outstanding. Great scenery.

I believe if your bicycle computer was in the center the speed could be displayed clearly throughout the ride. I also like shifting my bike using a tachometer. That too could be placed under the computer.

20210704_204926.jpg

The squeeze by from the large truck was very scary. If a lane isn't wide enough for lane sharing or the shoulder isn't safe to ride on the safest place for a cyclist/MB'er is the center of the lane not the far right. Lane sharing means the lane is wide enough for a vehicle to safely clear a cyclist/MB'er who's riding to the far right by 3 feet. If the lane isn't wide enough for lane sharing then then the cyclist/MB'er has the right to the entire lane. By controlling the lane a motorists must then go into the opposing lane to pass the cyclist/MB'er just like they'd have to do to pass any other slower moving vehicle.

Please watch all 3 parts of these videos.

You have such a nice bike. The production of the video was beyond great. You have a few bad cycling habits you need to overcome. It'll break my heart to hear you got side swiped because you were riding to the far right in a narrow lane instead of controlling the lane. As an MB'er you don't have the right to do an Idaho STOP. Which was near the end of the video. Please edit that out.

Before I was on Yahoo Answers Cycling, I too had bad cycling habits. That forum no longer exist but I learned many cycling techniques. In the beginning I had a bit of an attitude. However, I soon realized these cyclist weren't my enemies but were actually trying to help me. It was when I swallowed my pride and started listening to them; I began to learn good cycling techniques.

I now ride in traffic with much less fear of being in an accident. I personally recommend getting front/rear directional lights and a brake light that can be seen during the daylight hours. Sadly many drivers today dont know what hand signals mean. I'd also suggest getting a loud horn that can be heard in a closed compartment vehicle.

Please don't let pride over rule sound advice. It my hopes you use my to advice/suggestions to improve your weaker areas along with making your bike even safer.

I plan to make videos soon and want to seek your advise on the best ways to set them up.

I have nothing but love in my heart for you. We are shifter brothers so I have to look out for you.

Production of the video outstanding. Great scenery.

I believe if your bicycle computer was in the center the speed could be displayed clearly throughout the ride. I also like shifting my bike using a tachometer. That too could be placed under the computer.

View attachment 168251

The squeeze by from the large truck was very scary. If a lane isn't wide enough for lane sharing or the shoulder isn't safe to ride on the safest place for a cyclist/MB'er is the center of the lane not the far right. Lane sharing means the lane is wide enough for a vehicle to safely clear a cyclist/MB'er who's riding to the far right by 3 feet. If the lane isn't wide enough for lane sharing then then the cyclist/MB'er has the right to the entire lane. By controlling the lane a motorists must then go into the opposing lane to pass the cyclist/MB'er just like they'd have to do to pass any other slower moving vehicle.

Please watch all 3 parts of these videos.

You have such a nice bike. The production of the video was beyond great. You have a few bad cycling habits you need to overcome. It'll break my heart to hear you got side swiped because you were riding to the far right in a narrow lane instead of controlling the lane. As an MB'er you don't have the right to do an Idaho STOP. Which was near the end of the video. Please edit that out.

Before I was on Yahoo Answers Cycling, I too had bad cycling habits. That forum no longer exist but I learned many cycling techniques. In the beginning I had a bit of an attitude. However, I soon realized these cyclist weren't my enemies but were actually trying to help me. It was when I swallowed my pride and started listening to them; I began to learn good cycling techniques.

I now ride in traffic with much less fear of being in an accident. I personally recommend getting front/rear directional lights and a brake light that can be seen during the daylight hours. Sadly many drivers today dont know what hand signals mean. I'd also suggest getting a loud horn that can be heard in a closed compartment vehicle.

Please don't let pride over rule sound advice. It my hopes you use my to advice/suggestions to improve your weaker areas along with making your bike even safer.

I plan to make videos soon and want to seek your advise on the best ways to set them up.

I have nothing but love in my heart for you. We are shifter brothers so I have to look out for you.

I do ride in the center of the lane when it makes sense. A tractor trailer coming up behind me is a good time to move over and let him pass. If your bike had no motor would you insist on riding in the center of the lane? I don't think you would. If my motorized bike could go as fast as the cars on that road, I would have stayed in the center of the lane. Staying in the center lane and pissing off an ever-growing line of motorists is not a good idea. I appreciate the advice as I'm sure it comes with good intentions, but EVERY situation is different and strict adherence to any set of rules is never in a person's best interests. Thanks for the comment.

(edit) A motorized bike is not a motorcycle. The rules you cite apply to motorcycles 100% of the time but do not apply to motorized bicycles 100% of the time. Laws vary from state to state. A motorized bike may be required (by law) to ride on the side of the road when possible.

I do ride in the center of the lane when it makes sense. A tractor trailer coming up behind me is a good time to move over and let him pass. If your bike had no motor would insist on riding in the center of the lane? I don't think you would. If my motorized bike could go as fast as the cars on that road, I would have stayed in the center lane. Staying in the center lane and pissing off an every growing line of motorists is not a good idea. I appreciate the advice as I'm sure it comes with good intentions but EVERY situation is different and strict adherence to any set of rules is never in a person's best interests. Thanks for the comment.

Yes I recommend pedal only cyclist keep lane control by being in the center of the lane if the lane isn't wide enough for lane sharing. Better motor vehicles mad than me dead. Now if I can move on to a wide clear safe debris free shoulder to let traffic pass I will.

I too use to ride to the far right because I didn't understand the far right law. The cyclist on YA Cycling taught me the far right law only applies if the lane is wide enough for lane sharing. Meaning the lane is wide enough for a motorist to pass a cyclist riding to the far right by 3 feet, without the motorist changing lanes. All states in the USA legally allows a cyclist full use of the lane if the lane isn't wide enough for lane sharing.

What happens when you ride to the far right in narrow lanes is squeeze bys. They'll also pull right up beside of you at traffic lights and STOP signs instead of stopping behind you. In the beginning when I was being told to do lane control I thought those cyclist were crazy and would get me ran over. After listening to them I found what they were telling me was the correct way to ride.

Yes some unique situation may occur that you have to make adjustments for. However, the techniques in the videos are proven to work and will lower the likelyhood of you being in an accident. There's an example of proper lane control effects near the middle of my video; I was doing approximately 10 mph up that 20% grade hill on a 25 mph street. I no longer live in Oak Ridge but before I started doing lane control I'd actually had vehicles squeeze me in between them and parked cars on that street.

Back