Trouble finding raw 91 octane?

tombenn444

Local time
2:59 AM
If your like me and have trouble finding unmixed 91 octane gas, then u may benefit from this fuel mixing formula for when u are trying to achieve proper octane.

([% of Fuel A]×[octane of Fuel A])+([% of Fuel B]×[octane of Fuel B])= octane of mixture

For example: let's say u have 2 galleons of 110 and 3 galleons of 100 so:
2/5 translates to .40 or 40%
3/5 translates to .60 or 60%
Using that info we now plug it into the above equation:

([.40×110]+[.60+100])=104

The octane of the mixture is 104

If your like me and have trouble finding unmixed 91 octane gas, then u may benefit from this fuel mixing formula for when u are trying to achieve proper octane.

([% of Fuel A]×[octane of Fuel A])+([% of Fuel B]×[octane of Fuel B])= octane of mixture

For example: let's say u have 2 galleons of 110 and 3 galleons of 100 so:
2/5 translates to .40 or 40%
3/5 translates to .60 or 60%
Using that info we now plug it into the above equation:

([.40×110]+[.60+100])=104

The octane of the mixture is 104
You lost me. What is the 91 mixed with? If you're talking ethanol, then you can just remove it from the fuel.

Why not add the 2 octane ratings together & divide by 2, gives the same result doesn't it?

You know how those cans of premix are that only come in certain ratios? I think its 40:1 but not sure. Anyway those cans are the only source of 91 I can find can't say I ever found 91 at the pump. Just 87 90 93 and once 100

You know how those cans of premix are that only come in certain ratios? I think its 40:1 but not sure. Anyway those cans are the only source of 91 I can find can't say I ever found 91 at the pump. Just 87 90 93 and once 100
If your running a CG, you dont need high octane since they are not high compression motors to begin with...This is what i do with my stock Zeda 80, out of the box, It went 47 MPH on its first run before i chickened out.

I only have 87 octane Ethanol-Free gasoline available here at only one gas station here in Alamogordo NM, so here is what i do.

32:1 gas/oil mix in a gallon gas can and shake to mix everytime i pour gas in tank...I never run less than 32:1 mix...Thats 4 ounces of Amsoil Dominator, full synthetic, 2 cycle oil with one gallon of gasoline.

I also use an octane booster as well...One ounce of Amsoil Dominator Octane Boost per one gallon of gas to achieve the above mentioned results.

When i changed out my stock NT carby and replaced it with the RJL Bofeng carby, my results increased to 51 MPH until I chickened out with throttle left to spare...DAMIEN

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
You lost me. What is the 91 mixed with? If you're talking ethanol, then you can just remove it from the fuel.

Klotz. Sunoco 260. VP racing leaded 98... all over 100 it's expensive in the 5 gal $70 mixing it doesn't always work out to get consistently say 95 octane... Separate out the water and ethanol it's a big mess and looks like I'm cooking up dope to the neighbors... I get frustrated with it... The 40:1 cans are quarts so it's 1/2 teaspoon of oil 1/8th ounce to get to 30:1 a full teaspoon 18:1.... Is less hassle the can stays good unopened for few years... About the same money less mess... I have never trusted pump gas in anything... Maybe a brand new station new tanks that does a lot of volume... Fresh and ethanol free is drying up fast...

Klotz. Sunoco 260. VP racing leaded 98... all over 100 it's expensive in the 5 gal $70 mixing it doesn't always work out to get consistently say 95 octane... Separate out the water and ethanol it's a big mess and looks like I'm cooking up dope to the neighbors... I get frustrated with it... The 40:1 cans are quarts so it's 1/2 teaspoon of oil 1/8th ounce to get to 30:1 a full teaspoon 18:1.... Is less hassle the can stays good unopened for few years... About the same money less mess... I have never trusted pump gas in anything... Maybe a brand new station new tanks that does a lot of volume... Fresh and ethanol free is drying up fast...
I never worry about ethanol in my fuel, Chevron just down the street has non-ethanol 94. I run it in my truck, sled, toys and all my yard machines.

Never had an issue with anything from the pump.

I just put a rocket fuel mixture in mine. Real saves the hassle of finding the right octane, plus the added HP it gives is amazing. It's almost $100 a gallon for the rocket fuel and I only get 60 miles a gallon. It sure is fun to ride though.

Should be using Coleman's at the very least, preferably ether based starting fluid you washed ( get that hex out of it), then use as your wash. Now you have a choice for your reactant. Really though, your back yard isn't the place.

Back