Trouble shooting issue or bad motor?

Kman123

Local time
2:02 AM
Ok. Sorry for the long story but this is my issue. I bought a Chinese motor and tried my best to get it running. It ran great for about 10 miles then just wouldn't start. My first build so i tried many things and then gave up and bought a new kit. Had that running fine for about 1 tank of gas then lost all power.
Checked for air leakes tightened head and all wiring. Put on new hd carb and it ran fine but had no power but did idle some.
Went back to stock carb. Checked everything and now will only start when going fast down hill and will not idle will run at high throttle while cletch disengage. Let off throttle and dies. Plus no power. I started the new stock carb at second notch from top with same effect then put at lowest notch with same effect. Only 4 notches on this kit. Looked for air leaks but having a hard time finding any. Also has new head gasket.
Am i missing something?
Why will it run after going down hill at high speed then let off of clutch and run when at a high throttle but not idle? Same motor with no adjustments did idle with hd carb?
Must be carb issue on the idle but everything else i am at a loss. Please help.

Back