True And Correct Cylinder Porting

Well i was doing some browsing on the dark side today and seen that my thread..."Porting Time to Get Serious" is gone and replaced by a generic PORT MATCHING thread written by the mods of the Darkside. :sick::sick:

Seriously it must be a joke.

At any rate im ready to start the porting work on my Puch Kit so now's a good time to start a real porting thread.

Yes it will get complicated...Yes it will be detailed....but by golly it will be effective in a way that you will feel and notice as much of a power increase as you do when you add an expansion chamber.

Im talking about adding a couple horsepower not portmatching for smoother running.

If the jokers show up and destroy this thread i will put it up on my website so you guys that are interested will find the completed version there.

Otherwise if the mods of this forum keep it on topic and don't allow the jokers to ruin it we will have a nice piece of info here.

Am i guru

YES....I have spent over a year working calculations, cutting cylinders, and testing the results specifically on the Chineese Engines.

I have implemented the mathematical formula developed by Professor Gordon P. Blair into a engine calculator that is very simple to use.

The work done by Blair is the foundation of all the Professional Engine Simulation software on the market.

This is the real deal.

Well i was doing some browsing on the dark side today and seen that my thread..."Porting Time to Get Serious" is gone and replaced by a generic PORT MATCHING thread written by the mods of the Darkside. :sick::sick:

Seriously it must be a joke.

At any rate im ready to start the porting work on my Puch Kit so now's a good time to start a real porting thread.

Yes it will get complicated...Yes it will be detailed....but by golly it will be effective in a way that you will feel and notice as much of a power increase as you do when you add an expansion chamber.

Im talking about adding a couple horsepower not portmatching for smoother running.

If the jokers show up and destroy this thread i will put it up on my website so you guys that are interested will find the completed version there.

Otherwise if the mods of this forum keep it on topic and don't allow the jokers to ruin it we will have a nice piece of info here.

Am i guru

YES....I have spent over a year working calculations, cutting cylinders, and testing the results specifically on the Chineese Engines.

I have implemented the mathematical formula developed by Professor Gordon P. Blair into a engine calculator that is very simple to use.

The work done by Blair is the foundation of all the Professional Engine Simulation software on the market.

This is the real deal.

Awesome, bring it on! Yes, the darkside website also deleted a post i had about helpful hints for newbies and replaced by plagiarized material in a new thread started by the head moderator at that website. He basically deleted stuff from my thread that he thought was "silly' but was actually based on observations and issues that I have run into ove the past 4 years building motorized bikes for others.

I hope that you will one day sell high performance HT engines that I can install. I'd get a Morini but I don't know how to go about mounting it and isntalling a shift kit...that's above my technical capability and limited time to tinker.

Good luck and thanks for all you do and shedding the ligth on poopiecycles State 1-3 engines ;-)

I had similar issues over there but they came to their senses after a good deal of email exchange.

It's all good now, but prior to things being sorted out, my post got deleted about 20 times after furious reposts of material that did not break any of the sites rules or guidelines.

I'm cool with getting an arse kicking from the moderators if they can show me that i've broken rules, and directed to information that validates their decision.
Having said that, i get more than a little cranky and throw my own hissy fit when i'm clearly operating within the rules and sites guidelines.
One thing i've learn't about the other site is to save a copy of your posts so you can repost them if someone decides on a whim to delete your posts.

I'm not out to pursue negative sentiment, by creating a fuss or carnival on a forum, but fair is fair and Norman was quite sensible about things; being instrumental in sorting out the ruckus and getting us back on track

Fabian

Last edited:
I for one am keen to see all this come to fruition and high quality engines being available to those prepared to pay the right amount of money for reliability.

Rich, please make this post one filled with detailed explaination of your work and many high quality; hi-resolution photos.

Kind regards

Fabian

Just amazing, the dark side (by one moderator in question) was deleting my posts (which were all within the sites guidelines and rules) and subsequent reposts of my post had him throwing a hissy fit which caused me severe consternation and i threw my own hissy fit.
It all worked out ok in the end with Norman making moves to help resolve the issue in a sensible manner with the moderator in question.

Fabian

Last edited:
Ok we will get started tommorow for sure.
I had a timeout for a few.

I'm ready to get serious.

Somehow my porting thread turned into 2 porting threads.

I guess thats pretty cool.

Haa this is a mirror of the other thread.

Cool.

Just follow the other thread we will do our work there.

Thanks
Rich

Back