Trumps tariffs

I wonder if the bike engines were made in India instead of China if they would be made better? I'm sure they would. Things need to change either way. A shop student could probably make an engine with better tolerances on 90 year old machines.
India will benefit from the tariffs, their products will be priced better, and their quality is already better. Will they make bicycle engines? I doubt it, but I think they will start to produce more tools and equipment. But then they might start their own bicycle engine factory, they already make a lot of tractors that are on the American market. Good ones.

India will benefit from the tariffs, their products will be priced better, and their quality is already better. Will they make bicycle engines?

I ride a 40cc jap 2-stroke that came with a 7 years warranty for private, non-commercial use. It's actually cleaner than most 4-stkes.
Thing is you can't buy one anymore. That much quality can no longer be manufactured at a profit.

Herman, Mahindra has a terrible quality control problem and reliability issues. They were going to introduce a p/u into the USA and I did a little research on them. They have a long way to go to become the next Kubota.

The tariffs won't last, but China's bulls**t will if we let it. Bottom line is economy is power, and if we keep paving their way our great grandchildren won't need to worry about US tariffs. China will control the world economy, and they will be working for rice in a motorized bike plant. I live at the lower end of lower middle class. Probably closer to poverty level, but if it costs a little bit more to slow down their roll that's just fine with me. Poverty level in the US is rich compared to how people will live in a Chinese economy. That's not even mentioning the forfeiture of freedoms. If you think it can't happen I hope you reconsider. Many empires have changed over poor trade decisions and weak leadership.

Last edited:
Herman, Mahindra has a terrible quality control problem and reliability issues. They were going to introduce a p/u into the USA and I did a little research on them. They have a long way to go to become the next Kubota.
But where is the problem, the dealers which are local, the assembly plants, most of their tractors are assembled in the USA, or the parts that make up the tractor which come from India?

Almost nothing from china has gone up in price because of tariffs, and for good reason. The commie Chinese government owns a % of most, if not all businesses in china. If those businesses raise prices they'll lose market share to manufacturers from other country's. China's economy is in shambles now, and they're printing phony baloney money as fast as they can to make up for losses. If they lose market share their whole economy will collapse The Chinese government has no choice but to pay the tariffs for these company's so they won't have to raise prices, and thus can keep market share. Meanwhile the us is collecting billions of $$$ in tariffs from china. Trump has them by the balls.

You need to study up on how tariffs work. Here is a hint. Tariffs are a tax on imports. They are paid by U.S.-registered firms to U.S. customs for the goods they import into the United States. Those firms have 2 choices, absorb the addiional cost or pass it on to the next buyer.

You need to study up on how tariffs work. Here is a hint. Tariffs are a tax on imports. They are paid by U.S.-registered firms to U.S. customs for the goods they import into the United States. Those firms have 2 choices, absorb the addiional cost or pass it on to the next buyer.

The only American company's that would be subject to paying Trumps tariffs would be American company's with factory's in china that export to America. That's part of the plan, to make it cheaper for those factory's to move back to America, and that's exactly what many of them are doing.

Back