Trying to figure out why sparkplug won't fire

I bought this https://www.autozone.com/ignition/p...ires/duralast-single-spark-plug-wire/6116_0_0 It works and it is cheap. I cut utmost half. The stock plug wire, hold the black CDI box and twist the wire like you were unscrewing it from the box. It will come out eventually. Shine a light in the hole it came out of, you will see a screw in there, cut the auto parts store coil wire that has been cut in half (cut it so you have enough to use the other half on your next bike) and screw it in there like you unscrews the other one. Mine, I had to take a razor and trim the sides so it fit in the hole (make wire insulation a little thinner if you need to)

Don't get discouraged. It took me 5 weeks to get my first bike around the block. Now i have two and they are my primary means of transportation (and aggravation). This forum is great for information and help. The more you learn, the more you'll be able to learn. Example, there is a sticky thread about the stock NT carb. When I first read it I was lost. I read it again a few months later and it all made sense. What are your plans for this bike?

Are you certain you are getting a spark? To test: (1) remove plug from engine (2) hook on the spark plug boot to the spark plug (3) hold the threads of the plug against the metal fins of the head so it makes good contact (4) crank the engine with the clutch engaged (clutch handle out), you should see a spark! It can be hard to see so do it in the shade.

Hey everyone! I got the problem fixed. Turned out to be a mixture of problems. I replaced the CDI and sparkplug so one of those crapped out. I'm guessing sparkplug but replaced both to be sure. And the kill switch was messing with the plug as well.

I bought this https://www.autozone.com/ignition/p...ires/duralast-single-spark-plug-wire/6116_0_0 It works and it is cheap. I cut utmost half. The stock plug wire, hold the black CDI box and twist the wire like you were unscrewing it from the box. It will come out eventually. Shine a light in the hole it came out of, you will see a screw in there, cut the auto parts store coil wire that has been cut in half (cut it so you have enough to use the other half on your next bike) and screw it in there like you unscrews the other one. Mine, I had to take a razor and trim the sides so it fit in the hole (make wire insulation a little thinner if you need to)

Don't get discouraged. It took me 5 weeks to get my first bike around the block. Now i have two and they are my primary means of transportation (and aggravation). This forum is great for information and help. The more you learn, the more you'll be able to learn. Example, there is a sticky thread about the stock NT carb. When I first read it I was lost. I read it again a few months later and it all made sense. What are your plans for this bike?

I use it to get around college at UF. Works most of the time, just have to replace and fix the stock parts as they break. Learning fast thought lol

Back