Trying to figure this carb out, Dellorto SHA type, has adjustable fuel jet

JVROOM

Local time
11:45 AM
I have a clone carburetor,Dellorto SHA type, with an adjustable fuel jet. You can see the exact carburetor on pedalchopper/carburetor solutions. Haven't found the parts breakdown on it, and I do not see any replaceable jets. When I first got it I had a fuel leak, and thought the adjustable jet was leaking, and tightened it in a bit. Obviously that messed up the setting. It starts fast and idles great, but I'm leaning out. I don't completely understand if this adjustable jet is part of the low-end idle circuit or if it's really a main jet. Anyone know about these and how to adjust them? Thank you for your thoughts, John. On afterthought when I had this thing apart, I found the gaskets are very touchy and the leak is actually where the fuel inlet cup screws on to the side. Also found rocksolid as the Gasket parts that I need. :sick:

If your Delorto SHA clone has an adjustable jet, it's one of a kind. Sounds more like your Delorto SHA clone has an adjustable fuel leak.

The leak is not the fault of the carburetor but mine, already fixed it and have jets on order looks like a strong contender suggest you check it out.

You can adjust the idle speed by the slide stop screw on the side. The fuel mixture is "adjustable" only by changing the main jet which is in the middle of the fuel bowl. I found mine was too lean when the main jet was just right for top speed and so I drill another orifice in the fuel outlet column. See the picture on my site by clicking on my signature link.

Sorry, I thought it posted we could see a picture of this carburetor

dellorto carburetor with adjustable fuel circuit. You can see the exact item I'm referring to on pedalchopper.com, under carburetor solutions there's a picture of it. Thank you, John

this might be the carb i was looking for on another thread. does the adjustment screw actually adjust the mixture as a whole or just the idle?

Back