Trying to find a bike

Lazy fox

Local time
6:03 PM
So im making a motorized bike with a 4 stroke 50 cc engine and need a bike to fit it says to use 26 inch frame where can i buy one in mn for $180 or less doesn't have to be brand new just needs to work

So im making a motorized bike with a 4 stroke 50 cc engine and need a bike to fit it says to use 26 inch frame where can i buy one in mn for $180 or less doesn't have to be brand new just needs to work

How tall are you? A 26" frame is for a very tall person around 6'4"+. Often people confuse frame size with wheel size. They aren't the same thing.

You should look harder, I see new mens 26" beach cruiser bikes for sale for under $180 all over the place

Hi Lazy fox.

I bought my 26 inch "Hyper HBC Cruiser Black" item number 565877613 at Walmart for 99 dollars U.S. plus tax making it around 105.00 dollars back on May 7th for my 2 cycle...A four cycle should fit as well...One word of warning, it appears Chinese made bikes do not pack the wheel bearings either well or sometimes not packed at all which was my case, i always check this out while assembling the bike to be sure it is done.

Im attaching pics of the finished product for you...DAMIEN

Ps...just for grins and giggles, the last 2 pics are of the original Harley Davidson, 1903/1904.

Attachments

• DSCN0172.JPG
    DSCN0172.JPG
    248.4 KB · Views: 145
  • DSCN0173.JPG
    DSCN0173.JPG
    260.9 KB · Views: 147
  • DSCN0174.JPG
    DSCN0174.JPG
    270.8 KB · Views: 162
  • DSCN0175.JPG
    DSCN0175.JPG
    289 KB · Views: 144
  • FirstVersions_Harley-Davidson1903-1904-A.png
    FirstVersions_Harley-Davidson1903-1904-A.png
    286.3 KB · Views: 156
  • FirstVersions_Harley-Davidson1903-1904-B.png
    FirstVersions_Harley-Davidson1903-1904-B.png
    297.5 KB · Views: 167
Hi Lazy fox.

I bought my 26 inch "Hyper HBC Cruiser Black" item number 565877613 at Walmart for 99 dollars U.S. plus tax making it around 105.00 dollars back on May 7th for my 2 cycle...A four cycle should fit as well...One word of warning, it appears Chinese made bikes do not pack the wheel bearings either well or sometimes not packed at all which was my case, i always check this out while assembling the bike to be sure it is done.

Ps...just for grins and giggles, the last 2 pics are of the original Harley Davidson, 1903/1904.

What you bought was a department store cruiser bike with 26" wheels. A 26" frame would be for someone over 6'4" tall. Department stores generally only have one frame size for their bikes under $200.

Hi Lazy fox.

Where did you get your front engine mount?

Hi LR Jerry..."department store cruiser bike with 26" wheels. A 26" frame would be for someone over 6'4" tall."

At 5 feet six inches tall and older than dirt, i do realise this, since not yet hearing back from Lazy fox, im not sure at all if he really meant "26' frame" or was really referring to 26" wheels...guess we will find out when and if he replies...

Hi Chainlube..."Where did you get your front engine mount?".

I made it myself from a crashed 4x4s piece of rollbar i found in a junkyard...Presently making another out scrap, leftover piece of aircraft quality aluminum from one of the bases here in Alamogordo, NM that will be hinged with lock mechanism and therefore more adaptable if i ever need to replace frame and/or have to modify existing system...This rollbar piece i re-fashioned is rock solid, unmovable, steady as a rock even at high speeds in excess of 40 MPH...My choice of engine by the way is the Zeda 80...very fast, very responsive, very quick...More complete specs found on this other thread I left here when i joined the forum...DAMIEN

https://motoredbikes.com/threads/hi-everyone.57394/

Last edited:
Back