Trying to get/create a motorized 2-stroke 50cc bicycle

Apparently, the rules surrounding them are changing because Omaha is allowing electric scooter rentals.. go figure! I'm gonna contact the school and get a straight-forward answer.
That being said- what sort of electric bike / bike kit would be best? I have a few 8.4v NiMH batteries and I have a charger that can charge up to a 3c LiPo, if that helps at all.

1000W is most economical with a 500wH lithium ion battery. here is a video i made talking about it; its not exact numbers but the trend is correct. basically, with electric, you need to pay attention to wind resistance. 20-22 mph is ideal commuting speed given wind resistance, current eBay market, and battery tech. the red/pink band is what i think is ideal; i have green row so disregard that highlight.

the battery pricing i am quoting is 2x the max continuous power of the motor so it is a bit high. since you are commuting just 1-2 miles between class/etc no need for such a big battery; 400-550wH is enough. lithium ion battery comes with a charger. for me in SE WI, electric is 1/4 the cost of gas for the same power/distance. you save some there too over a LONG time.

but figure out your laws first as it might be mute. also, no one knows it is a 1000W if legal is 750W. just put a 500/750W sticker on there. i seen guys put 250W stickers on 5kW motors.

Ask and ye shall receive.
$8.95 + Free shipping and you get 13 of them. They are cut to fit on the top of the clutch cover.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Stroke-Motorized-Bicycle-Engine-ID-Decals-48cc-1-95hp/264297169056

Ordered these the moment I found them as I too live in the wonderful state of AZ where they frown upon these 66cc engines.

Last edited:
Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I win!

You could also get a basic bike and a 49cc 4 stroke belt transmission kit, 160-190$ on ebay, pull the cord and go.. no gas oil mixing no pedaling no hassle and you get decent speeds.

Could even go the cool way and get a occ chopper with a 4stroke kit with ya miniature ape hangers make everyone jelly on campus

I win!

Where talking about enforcement just get a black or red sharpie and write 48cc they don't know no better. Lol. But in all seriousness don't do this they are smarter then this I think o_O i. mean some are pretty dumb.

Back