Trying to get higher top end out of my 80cc.

SK8ERSQUREL

Local time
9:38 AM
Only upgrade I have on it is a new champion sparkplug and I know it has a 44tooth sprocket on the rear. And ideas to get a better too speed? Currently about 25mph which I think is way short for an 80cc

Well, what type of bike, which 66 or 69cc engine do you have, or is it the 80cc 4-stroke? Are you still doing the break-in stage with the right gas/oil ratio and rich fuel/air mixture? What type of terrain are you riding in?
Pictures of your build would help too. :)

There are numerous build threads and albums already posted that you can draw ideas from. (Mine is not too shabby as a collection of mostly other (better) mechanics' ideas applied to the cheapest generic no-name engine)

But I would start by ensuring that the bike is sturdy and safe for the excessive speeds, and that you have adequate safety equipment and bike riding skills, before doing anything else.

Then the engine should be very securely mounted, and the drivetrain should be reliable, effective and efficient.
I would start on the bike safety, the reliability mods to the engine and whole bike, then look at the other improvements you can do.

When you have the break-in finished, then you can get the fuel/air mixture dialled in nicely and that will help your speed too. :)

Currently I'm running it on a 20:1 mixture after break In on a 26 in cruiser, flat terrain which a cheap generic chinese 80cc engime

Attachments

• IMG_20170930_210407474.jpg
    IMG_20170930_210407474.jpg
    219.3 KB · Views: 352
those things aren't actually 80cc, they'll be 66 or 69cc depending on what crank is in there.

I personally wouldn't want to go much faster than 10 mph with those tires and no front brake.

That's really all I was aiming to get out of it. I know more probably would do me better as things start to fall apart hut I figured 35 would be satisfactory

Back