Tubes n tires

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I worked at a tire shop where we repaired tires with split rim, never tried it without the cage.
I watched a guy at a big rig shop ( I was about 60- 70 yards away in my truck waiting, facing the big door on the garage) kill himself. I was that far away and felt the blast wave, left my ears ringing. I've only dealt with smaller split rims, with tubes. I only would add air after being mounted back on the vehicle. An they were all center bolt, no ring or nothing like that. After mounting, if they blew, it wouldn't shove a piece of metal at me at high velocity. Just blow my ear drums out, lol. Never had it happen though, I was very thorough with my installs and triple checked everything. That stuff is scary to deal with if you don't know what you are doing.

Bell made by Innova... There not round come scrunched up in a box one of the 6 was lumped up but there for pedal power... I use the tuffy liners and ex thick sunlight tubes one in 6 had a manufacturer defect all coming from Amazon... But I'm rolling...

Attachments

• IMG_20220408_183711499.jpg
    IMG_20220408_183711499.jpg
    188.9 KB · Views: 60
I worked at a tire shop where we repaired tires with split rim, never tried it without the cage.
When I was an army mechanic all our wheels had split rings. Always used a cage. The humvee had split rims which were a pain in the butt. I think that was the only wheeled vehicle I worked on that didn't have a split ring.

To this day I stand as far to the side as possible when airing up tires. In high school a guy was killed at the gas station when his tire exploded and took off his head...

Back