Tubes n tires

Haha! I have spent nearly 50 on a tire setup, and have fallen back to cheaper tires..

Nothing wrong using Bell especially the prices. It's just hit n miss on the quality though in my experience. Wally and Amazon reviews back that up.

These tires I've had good luck with. Notice when aired up to max psi the outside of the tire is mostly flat for good roller traction. Plus with the grooves being at a minimum more roller contact, also you can keep up with tire wear looking at the grooves.
My white wall bell tires flattened out on top aswell.

How many miles you think ya get?

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Nothing wrong using Bell especially the prices. It's just hit n miss on the quality though in my experience. Wally and Amazon reviews back that up.

That's why I find them locally, so if I get that "dud" I just can cruise it back from where it came!

I have been super happy with my bell tires, like I said I use them on both my rides now.

I picked up a Hercules tire aswell, and was pretty impressed with how dense the rubber is, very stout!

My white wall bell tires flattened out on top aswell.

How many miles you think ya get?
500 to a 1000 on a rear with those. Depends on terrain and speed. I don't wait for the tread to disappear, change them when about 1/32nd left in the tread.

"Stop using cheap, run of the mill, standard type tyres then...They will not perform well except on regular bicycles that the usual speed is about 11 MPH.
Kevlar tires and the Ultra Thick Bell slime tubes are NOT the cheap, run of the mill tires I was referring to...It was obvious if you read this properly I am right NOW referring to Bells, KEVLAR tires which are not the stock, ordinary bike tires that come with the bikes we buy or the stock replacements you would normally buy at the store to replace regular pedal bike tires with and neither are the ULTRA thick SLIME filled tubes from Bell either and their prices reflect this fact as well, they are a couple of steps up premium offerrings from normal stock tires and tubes.

You will NOT find the KEVLAR tires or those tubes used as STOCK, run of the mill tires factory installed or used by most pedal bike people as replacements either. They are not cheap run of the mill tires and tubes.

Make up yo mind D, Bwahahahaha. Just sayin!
Please learn to read things more thoroughly and completely, and not out of context to what i AM referring to in this thread...Just saying Darwin...Bwahahahaha.

I'm poor, I just roll a few rolls of Gorilla tape over my rims and it last me half the year. No need for air that way either.
Make sure you roll the opposite way the tire goes for longest life. I thought I laid a 50 yard burn out, turns out the tape just was coming undone. On the bright side the concrete is still being held together. I need a new tire, err roll of tape after that though.

Back