Tubes n tires

Kevlar tires and the Ultra Thick Bell slime tubes are NOT the cheap, run of the mill tires I was referring to...It was obvious if you read this properly I am right NOW referring to Bells, KEVLAR tires which are not the stock, ordinary bike tires that come with the bikes we buy or the stock replacements you would normally buy at the store to replace regular pedal bike tires with and neither are the ULTRA thick SLIME filled tubes from Bell either and their prices reflect this fact as well, they are a couple of steps up premium offerrings from normal stock tires and tubes.

You will NOT find the KEVLAR tires or those tubes used as STOCK, run of the mill tires factory installed or used by most pedal bike people as replacements either. They are not cheap run of the mill tires and tubes.

Please learn to read things more thoroughly and completely, and not out of context to what i AM referring to in this thread...Just saying Darwin...Bwahahahaha.
117-1588996547-24549113.png

I got about 80/90 bucks in tires and tubes. I use Kevlar Schwinn Cruiser tires (for you friction drive guys, these have a squared footprint) and Slime extra thick tubes... maybe they are Bell... Idunno. I been on them for three years now and only one flat, which was recent, when someone pointed out that Slime has a shelf life. Also, I rolled it THROUGH stickers (unknowingly) to park it for 8 hours. When I went to air it up, without thinking I sent like 180 psi straight into the tire exploding it within a couple of seconds... I put the chuck on the valve... and instantly my tube creeped out between the tire and rim. I stopped and watched as the tube kept growing and growing until BOOM -- all in about 3 seconds...

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I got about 80/90 bucks in tires and tubes. I use Kevlar Schwinn Cruiser tires (for you friction drive guys, these have a squared footprint) and Slime extra thick tubes... maybe they are Bell... Idunno. I been on them for three years now and only one flat, which was recent, when someone pointed out that Slime has a shelf life. Also, I rolled it THROUGH stickers (unknowingly) to park it for 8 hours. When I went to air it up, without thinking I sent like 180 psi straight into the tire exploding it within a couple of seconds... I put the chuck on the valve... and instantly my tube creeped out between the tire and rim. I stopped and watched as the tube kept growing and growing until BOOM -- all in about 3 seconds...

I use the same tires.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Damien actually let me in on this secret.

What happens to Slime tire sealants after 2 years?​

Slime sealant is a liquid that may dry out over long periods of time. For maximum puncture protection and optimal performance, we recommend that Slime be replaced after 2 years. For most tires and tubes, this will also be the time period for replacement due to wear and tear.

How do you "replace" the slime? Do they want you to suck it out your old tube... oh wait, they make slime for tubeless tires too... nvm

How do you "replace" the slime? Do they want you to suck it out your old tube... oh wait, they make slime for tubeless tires too... nvm
this will also be the time period for replacement due to wear and tear.
Note the second part of that statement..."This will also be the time period for replacement due to wear and tear.

Back