Tubing and Tire Recommendations!!

M

Member 33010

Currently riding cruiser bike with an 80cc engine mounted. It rides extremely well but recently I have been having issues with the back tire going flat and legit blowing. Last time this happened the tubing actually came out and go shredded by the back sprocket. The bike is a 26 cruiser as mentioned. I have standard tires on, I dont know the name but they are white-walled if that helps any. The tubing I run is usually just any tubing I get from Walmart, nothing special. I live in the city and I tend to ride far. My average speed on it is quite high usually ranging from 25-30 mphs, so when I am riding where I live I may go over some railroads tracks in the city, I try to avoid pot holes, maybe will run over some broken glass in the street, normal stuff yea know? I am looking for something I know will last and provide peace of mind, any recommendations? Also if this helps lol I am 200lbs so that tire is getting some weight. Thanks guys!

Use tannurus ( maybe spelled wrong) tire armour or cut the side walls off of your old tires and use gorilla tape to mate them to the inside of you new tire( tread out). Then use a fat tire inner tube for extra rubber. An assemble it all with a little baby powder, to reduce friction.

Welcome to MotoredBikes. :) ..........
Kevlar liners & Slime tubes = Haven't had a flat in over 4.000+ miles. (y)(y)

Tannus tire liner armor is good and all that, it's 15mm thick (y)

But it makes the tire soft and will decrease your top speed, Kinda like riding on a low tire pressure.

Better off with Kevlar tires and slime tubes, unless ya got a mountain bike and need low tire pressure for the trails

I put a regular inner tube in an old H/D inner tube skin and I add 4oz slime to my tube. I also don't run my tires bald

No Kevlar tire , liner or slime is gonna stop a nail from giving ya a flat
I always carry 2 extra tubes, tools & air pump in my saddle bags.

But once when I got home. I saw a wet spot from the slime on my tire I found a short nail in my tire. The slime stopped the leak until I pulled the nail out.

Tannus tire liner armor is good and all that, it's 15mm thick (y)

But it makes the tire soft and will decrease your top speed, Kinda like riding on a low tire pressure.

Better off with Kevlar tires and slime tubes, unless ya got a mountain bike and need low tire pressure for the trails
100% accurate, an why its only on my mountain bike. In the trails it helps grab traction. On the street it helps absorb some of the bumps, but does steal a mph or two from the top. I use, used tire tread inside the tire on street bikes and maybe a thin sheet of steel between layers. Lots of glass where i live. I live in the gangster part of town, and we all know wanna be drug dealers dont know what trash cans are for. They just toss out the hennesy when it empties while they are driving.

Back