Tuned pipe...One step closer to production!

Andy,
Less time posting and making videos...more time mass producing these for sale :) We want these available yesterday.

Andy

Are both engines on the comparison the same? stock vs. stock? Just with different exhaust pipes?
Or has the engine with the tuned pipe also been modified? (porting, compresion, carb, etc., all of the above ...some, or non?)

Anyways, it looks pretty clean & out of the way. Nice job. Impressive performance gains.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the interest in the pipe....I am still trying to get it ready for more "mass" production but that seems to be going fairly slowly....Hard to get a good manufacturer lined up that doesn't want to grind them out by the hundreds (it would be nice if there was that much pent up demand but who knows....An informal poll here didn't show a significant interest or desire to pay too much for such a pipe but I am thinking some would definitely still want it.....Kind of like the sprockets but again time will tell on the pipe).

As far as pricing, the more units that are made as a batch the lower the price would be per pipe...But in doing "one offs" (i.e. either myself doing all the work or myself and a small local shop the cost would be quite a bit higher (actually myself doing the actual work would not work out this time of the year since I also run a lawn care / landscaping company and that's been getting crazy busy...Actually the sprockets and anodizing have also kept me hopping a bit lately too but that's good!) so the pipe would have to be most likely made on the outside or with significant outside help (making the pipe is considerably more "hands on" than making the sprockets where the machine is programmed and basically does all the work.....Now if I can just get a robotic machine to make the pipes! Hmmm.

I am thinking of making the pipe available in "kit" form (this will both lessen the price as well as making the pipes available closer to "now" than "later" for the completed pipes..... Of course, the expansion chamber itself would come completely assembled and chromed but the lead in / header pipe would require some light welding (since heavy gauge metal is used a local muffler shop can handle that easily). Additionally, the finial trim pieces and clamps could be done by the do it yourselfer (if you are successfully running the HT engine and keeping it alive it should be no problem at all)....Tentatively, The price would be about $225 (not including shipping) but I am still negotiating with suppliers....so we'll see what eventually comes out of that.

As far as comparison tests, both bikes run stock engines in the videos (actually the stock is not 100% stock since I did the baffle cut per Dax's instructions)....If I get some spare time in the near future I am planning on putting one of the 36T Hot Pink Sprockets
on my prototyping bike (one with the tuned pipe) and put the steel 36T currently on the prototyping bike and put it on the Stock bike and do some head to head racing videos / tests (I know I know more videos! HA ;)).....I'll have to get some weights for my bike so I can do a fair test since my helpers weigh about 30 lbs more than me...

Stay tuned and thanks for your patience!

Andrew

Do you actually have a date that we can order? pre orders? price? im exited.. cant wait!

HI,

Thanks for your enthusiasm....our supplies should be arriving in about 2 weeks then we will start building them....I think I will try to do all the assembly /welding on at least the first small batch to get user feedback...if demand starts to get too overwhelming I may offer the option of selling the pipes as partially assembled "kits" with only minor end user welding required (not to worry if you can't weld because the metal is thick enough that any local muffler shop could do it for you).

I'll try to keep everybody posted on the progress....I'd prefer to wait until we have pipes on hand before taking any money....since the pipes are still a ways off I'd hate to misplace any payments or misplace paper work in the meantime....less things "sitting around" makes for less chance of error....

Thanks for your patience!

Andrew

PS - For those of you who have followed the Tuned Pipe saga....I have decided against trying to find a full blown manufacturer for the product.....everybody I contacted required huge runs of the pipe (smallest batch was 275 Pipes...That's A LOT of pipes to pay for and store....So a friend of mine and I will try our hand at it....As a by product the pipe will be out sooner! ;-)

:] can't wait! Can we start a waiting list? I just want to make sure I can get this in the first shipment :]] do you have an idea for price range? But I can't wait!!:eek::sick:

Back