Tuning help?

speedyboi

Local time
12:37 AM
Hello I'm a newbie at this and I need help tuning my bike. Do you tune it with the clutch disengaged or engaged with the back tire propped up? Also how long is it safe to let it sit still while I tune the bike? I know it's not good to just let your bike sit at an idle but whats the point where it becomes bad so to speak? Thanks in advanced

Also if possible does anyone know the factory settings for the idle screw and air screw on an oko 21mm. I know those will most likely not be the best settings for me, but I think its a safe starting spot.

Also how long is it safe to let it sit still while I tune the bike?

Yes sitting at Idle the engine gets hot fast. Put a fan in front of your engine. That should help keep the engine at the correct operating temperature

Also if possible does anyone know the factory settings for the idle screw and air screw on an oko 21mm. I know those will most likely not be the best settings for me, but I think its a safe starting spot.
Factory setting for the air screw is 1.5 turns out

Last edited:
What exhaust pipe are you using with your 21mm carburetor? Any mods done to the engine? This all plays a role in tuning your carb. An example, my first bike had a modified cheap jog scooter pipe and a ported cylinder with a reed valve and stock head and took a 38 pilot jet and a 105 main, 2 turns out on the air screw. My current bike with a modified 65cc expansion pipe and minarelli cylinder with an high compression head takes a 45 pilot and a 188 main jet and 2 1/2 turns out on the air screw.
Both of these bikes are using the same 21mm Oko carb.
It will all depend on what set up you are running and what your outdoor temperature and elevation are.
Here's a tuning guide on how to properly tune a pwk style carb.

Back