turbo 212 motorized bike build

this is my built predator 212 rhb31 turbo, electric start, manual clutch, full suspension let me know what you think
20181001_173431.jpg
20181001_173405.jpg
20181001_173320.jpg

You are bringing this to Perris later this month, right? Extremely nice build. Whats the top speed on this thing? Does it reach full boost? Did you notice an increase in acceleration or is it just for novelty?

i wish i could but thats 3000 miles away and i have yet to max it out but the bike is a ton faster than when it was n/a it makes 8psi and pulls extremly hard.

Amazing bike man! Just saw a couple pictures over the weekend that were posted here. Would love to see more build pics.

Was MotorBicycleRacing here. Made me feel all randy. 8 psi is very nice, does it spool quick or is there lag? Are you running a stroker crank? Ground cam? Tighter valve springs? I'm curious how much time and $$$ went into that build. A full race build or near stock engine with a turbo for extra oomph?

I didn’t know if a 212 had enough power to spool a turbo. I think a 420cc or a 670 would work well with one though. Imagine a built 670cc with twin rhb31’s on a chopper frame.

stock crank arc rod, wiesco piston, 26lbs springs with.030 shim so around 32lbs, 308 cam, chromoly push rods ported head and squish area of combustion chamber rounded off to prevent detonation. arc ultra ligt flywheel with a custom ring to mount a starter gear. oil pump and cooler for the turbo and rhb31 turbo with wastegate tig welded shut. thats preaty much the whole setup

Very very nice. Sounds like you have over $1500 on just the engine. I would assume it was 15-20 hp before the turbo, sounds like its doing closer to 25-30 hp with the 8 lbs of boost. Try it out at bonneville and see if you can beat the land speed record for a motorized bicycle.

Back