turbo 212 motorized bike build

this is my built predator 212 rhb31 turbo, electric start, manual clutch, full suspension let me know what you think
20181001_173431.jpg
20181001_173405.jpg
20181001_173320.jpg

Beautiful bikes, love that turbo 212!

Shame they don't make the manual clutch in a 1" shaft since it is good for 30hp stock and apparently holds 80hp with just upgraded springs(!) so would be sick on a big bore. I wouldn't want to mill the shaft so will likely go with the 1003 TC2 instead, which is the knockoff 40 series with 1" drive which are good to 18hp.

your putting a 420 on a bike?
Nah, never got into it on here since I'm still at least a month away from making progress but I'm building a 306cc briggs commercial motor that I have and spraying it with a 4hp shot of nitrous lol. Pulled the nitrous kit off my ZX14R and am replacing the jet with the smallest one they sell which calculates to 3.8hp on a single cylinder motor which it will easily handle. All in all should be at least 17-18hp on the spray(maybe more, depends how choked the stock motor is by the tiny carb and restrictive quiet generator exhaust), and will go in a modified and reinforced chopper with 4" mags and a 40 series converter for insane TQ...and probably a wheelie bar lol. Not going to bother with EFI on a freebie motor, but will likely go that route in the future for a "real" motor on the same bike.

I got the motor for free from a bad generator with only maybe 20hrs run time on it - motor is flawless, only the generator head was bad. It's a bit smaller and about 10lbs lighter than a 420 predator, and I'm hoping it will be stronger internally as well. Same exact motor is rated up to 14.5 ftlbs TQ so I know the internals are pretty stout as-is. No flywheel magnets to fly off or weak flywheels to shatter like the predators, and has that big sturdy 1" crank so should laugh at ~18hp no problem. Crank shaft is currently too long with a 1" taper, so I will have to cut it down shorter and install a keyway. I will register it with plate and lights to mess around with on the street, and it will be built more for acceleration than top speed so only aiming for ~65-70mph on motor, and then whatever the extra 4hp will do on spray - probably only like 5mph more??? Once you get over 70mph the power demand is exponential to go faster thanks to drag. Its more for fun/show than anything else.

Started the idea about a month ago and recently stripped the motor down and started making the parts lists. This one won't be breaking any records since I don't want to spin it too high and it won't make enough power to do 85+ but the same rolling chassis will then be used for the next motor which will be a top speed setup but I'm still at least a year out from that one - gotta blow this 306 up first LOL. No clue what motor that one will be, but I'd love to do a 420 predator with megasquirt EFI and turbo, which it should be able to spool at a lower RPM than a 212 and make tons of TQ. With the EFI I can easily tune it by boost, use an adjustable boost controller for pump gas and race gas tunes, and will stick a small intercooler behind the front tire right where the rad on a motorcycle normally is. That will be my "Ultimate" build where I go for the record. Sounds fun eh?!

yea man go for check out ecotron for efi they have the whole setup. that will be a fun but heavy bike im hoping to get this bike over 100 geared low. i put this bike at at least 30hp its fully built spinning almost 9000 rpms on 8psi and bike weighs only like 95 pounds wet.

Nah, never got into it on here since I'm still at least a month away from making progress but I'm building a 306cc briggs commercial motor that I have and spraying it with a 4hp shot of nitrous lol. Pulled the nitrous kit off my ZX14R and am replacing the jet with the smallest one they sell which calculates to 3.8hp on a single cylinder motor which it will easily handle. All in all should be at least 17-18hp on the spray(maybe more, depends how choked the stock motor is by the tiny carb and restrictive quiet generator exhaust), and will go in a modified and reinforced chopper with 4" mags and a 40 series converter for insane TQ...and probably a wheelie bar lol. Not going to bother with EFI on a freebie motor, but will likely go that route in the future for a "real" motor on the same bike.

I got the motor for free from a bad generator with only maybe 20hrs run time on it - motor is flawless, only the generator head was bad. It's a bit smaller and about 10lbs lighter than a 420 predator, and I'm hoping it will be stronger internally as well. Same exact motor is rated up to 14.5 ftlbs TQ so I know the internals are pretty stout as-is. No flywheel magnets to fly off or weak flywheels to shatter like the predators, and has that big sturdy 1" crank so should laugh at ~18hp no problem. Crank shaft is currently too long with a 1" taper, so I will have to cut it down shorter and install a keyway. I will register it with plate and lights to mess around with on the street, and it will be built more for acceleration than top speed so only aiming for ~65-70mph on motor, and then whatever the extra 4hp will do on spray - probably only like 5mph more??? Once you get over 70mph the power demand is exponential to go faster thanks to drag. Its more for fun/show than anything else.

Started the idea about a month ago and recently stripped the motor down and started making the parts lists. This one won't be breaking any records since I don't want to spin it too high and it won't make enough power to do 85+ but the same rolling chassis will then be used for the next motor which will be a top speed setup but I'm still at least a year out from that one - gotta blow this 306 up first LOL. No clue what motor that one will be, but I'd love to do a 420 predator with megasquirt EFI and turbo, which it should be able to spool at a lower RPM than a 212 and make tons of TQ. With the EFI I can easily tune it by boost, use an adjustable boost controller for pump gas and race gas tunes, and will stick a small intercooler behind the front tire right where the rad on a motorcycle normally is. That will be my "Ultimate" build where I go for the record. Sounds fun eh?!
You need to start taking pictures and posting them.

yea man go for check out ecotron for efi they have the whole setup. that will be a fun but heavy bike im hoping to get this bike over 100 geared low. i put this bike at at least 30hp its fully built spinning almost 9000 rpms on 8psi and bike weighs only like 95 pounds wet.
Insane! Yea I am calculating my bike will be around 140lbs and very wide so definitely a porker. Pretty heavy but TQ will be insane. Won't be nearly as fast as yours but I will be happy with ~70mph NA. No clue how it will react to the 4hp shot, it will be used more to get the bike up to speed quicker than to increase the top speed - I want it to rip from a dig.

You need to start taking pictures and posting them.
I will soon! Once I order the frame and start laying everything out I will take lots of pics.

Damn you guys make some incredible bikes! I'm super jealous... a buddy of mine and I were talking about taking a trike and retrofitting a predator 212 to the back of it, modifying the rear to accept a solid rear axle from a go kart or similar and having a "pedal assist" monstrosity... but my god man... a turbo on a built predator? I keep telling him we would need wheelie bars for it in stock trim, I can't imagine power like yours on a bicycle!

Damn you guys make some incredible bikes! I'm super jealous... a buddy of mine and I were talking about taking a trike and retrofitting a predator 212 to the back of it, modifying the rear to accept a solid rear axle from a go kart or similar and having a "pedal assist" monstrosity... but my god man... a turbo on a built predator? I keep telling him we would need wheelie bars for it in stock trim, I can't imagine power like yours on a bicycle!

If you are going to use a go-kat axle get a differential one, easy to turn the bigger wheels and still pull with both wheels.
Here is one from Staton-inc, but they can be found on E-bay, staton also has the sprockets...........Curt

http://www.staton-inc.com/store/index.php?p=product&id=179

Back