Turbo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've run a backwards jug before. there isn't much ram air effect, the fact that you're taking in cold air is the bigger improvement

I've run a backwards jug before. there isn't much ram air effect, the fact that you're taking in cold air is the bigger improvement
There isn't any ram effect at our slow speeds.

Have you measured the difference in temperature between a
front intake vs a rear facing intake?
I doubt if there is much difference.
It's not like a car where the heat is trapped under the hood.

Is the temperature of the rear facing exhaust hotter than the
stock forward facing exhaust?
Who knows what difference in performance that would make?

There isn't any ram effect at our slow speeds.

Have you measured the difference in temperature between a
front intake vs a rear facing intake?
I doubt if there is much difference.
It's not like a car where the heat is trapped under the hood.

Is the temperature of the rear facing exhaust hotter than the
stock forward facing exhaust?
Who knows what difference in performance that would make?

I wouldn't say no ram air effect, but it's negligible at best.

as for intake temperature, with the jug backwards I would get ice forming on the outside of my intake tubing, I don't get that normally unless it's already reasonably cold outside

I didn't have any issues with exhaust temps, but there was noticeably more heat radiating off the engine. with a 6cc fred head it still never broke 400 degrees no matter how hard I rode

The smallest turbo is really only effective for 200cc 4 strokes and up...2 strokes become insanely inefficient when forced air. There are little to no gains when 2 strokes get turbos. Nitrous, however, can be a cost effective way to go hella fast in 2 strokes. Nitrous whipped cream chargers are cheap and the dispensers are only $20. All you need to figure out is how to incorporate more fuel and oil so your engine doesn't seize/overheat.

On these LOW RPM motors would not help much if any. I know they make them for 2 cycle RC engines and they are nothing but a waste and a hassle on them.

Rock Solid Engines was making a lot of noise about forced induction, by developing a supercharged 50cc 4-stroke engine. Sadly they made a lot of noise about their development, but failed to deliver on their promise.
The only thing that could make me want to go 4-stroke, is a supercharged engine to add an exotic element to what is a very boring engine.

Thank you for replying, recently i purchased, the gt80, so don't need a turbo now. Do you know any performance tips or tricks?, that's the most kind of forum I want to visit, people thinking outside the box, like the RAM air YouTube video for the 66.

Rock Solid Engines was making a lot of noise about forced induction, by developing a supercharged 50cc 4-stroke engine. Sadly they made a lot of noise about their development, but failed to deliver on their promise.
The only thing that could make me want to go 4-stroke, is a supercharged engine to add an exotic element to what is a very boring engine.
Just think though, how many people have a motorized bicycle with forced induction:p

Would be perfect on a predator engine or something larger like that:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back