Turkey

How are you preparing your turkey this year?

• Tofurkey!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Turducken!

• Grilled

• Turkey? Nah, we're havin' FISH!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

junglepig

So, I'm brining a turkey breast now, and I'll fire up the wood smoker in the wee hours tonight. Some apple wood chips are my favorite.
My wife is doing up a ham, so there's always a backup protein if anything goes horribly wrong with my turkey breast.
Smoking in November is so much easier in Georgia than in Minnesota, typically. My first winter in Minnesota, back in '95 I had to go to the hardware store and get insulation to wrap my smoker with in order to get it up to temperature. It was something like 5 deg F — ugh! (I mean, uff-da!)
In many ways, I'm glad to be back in the South now.

(There will also be venison, prepped by my older brother. Usually grilled tenderloin for Thanksgiving. And served with "Tiger Sauce". He's the master of the deer meat.)

Last edited:

So, I'm brining a turkey breast now, and I'll fire up the wood smoker in the wee hours tonight. Some apple wood chips are my favorite.
My wife is doing up a ham, so there's always a backup protein if anything goes horribly wrong with my turkey breast.
Smoking in November is so much easier in Georgia than in Minnesota, typically. My first winter in Minnesota, back in '95 I had to go to the hardware store and get insulation to wrap my smoker with in order to get it up to temperature. It was something like 5 deg F — ugh! (I mean, uff-da!)
In many ways, I'm glad to be back in the South now.
lol junglepig. good 4 u. your thx givings gonna be better than mine; lol, some sonuvabitch wanted me to work during thx giving and i said n0000000.

junglepig

Yeah, one of my teen daughters asked how long to microwave a 20 lb turkey.
I don't know where I went wrong with that one!
(I couldn't change the order since it's already in progress,so I had to add it to the bottom, but it's there for you now. LOL.)

junglepig

lol junglepig. good 4 u. your thx givings gonna be better than mine; lol, some sonuvabitch wanted me to work during thx giving and i said n0000000.
Mine should be just about perfect, except I'll be missing my youngest two teens who are with their mother in Minnesota for Thanksgiving.
But my oldest daughters are here and neither have to work, so I'm looking forward to it.
I'm sorry if you end up having to work. That does suck. I assuming you'll be making some OT at least, if you do. Doesn't really compensate most people though.

I'm fortunate enough to have Italian heritage on my mom's side, so I make a 10-pound lasagna for Thanksgiving and Christmas. It's actually easier than turkey and tastes a hell of a lot better. Fight me.

junglepig

I'm fortunate enough to have Italian heritage on my mom's side, so I make a 10-pound lasagna for Thanksgiving and Christmas. It's actually easier than turkey and tastes a hell of a lot better. Fight me.
Sounds delicious. Speaking only for myself though, lasagna is a lot more work than turkey when I make it. Could be just 'cause I'm missing the Italian heritage. But I agree, I'd prefer lasagna over turkey dinner most of the time.

Whatever you guys are eating today, I hope you have a great day and get to spend at least part of it with family or friends that make it wonderful!
Peace!☮✌

Mine should be just about perfect, except I'll be missing my youngest two teens who are with their mother in Minnesota for Thanksgiving.
But my oldest daughters are here and neither have to work, so I'm looking forward to it.
I'm sorry if you end up having to work. That does suck. I assuming you'll be making some OT at least, if you do. Doesn't really compensate most people though.
No. I don’t have work. See I tutor kids in math as a side job in HS and one parent wanted me to tutor their college kid on thx giving. She is a little OCD and I refused. Well anyways she “fired me” lol. Expects in like 1hr I can teach a whole session of pre calc, ike wtf. But I have a bunch of other ppl anyway that I tutor so it doesn’t matter. I was hoping to get my moped done by today, but it ain’t happening, lol