Turn signals & lights

The guy running for senate in PA, Fetterman wants to outlaw all life sentences even for murderers and let all current life sentences expire. It's people like him getting elected all over the country that's causing all this rise in crime. How can anyone vote for folks like that? Pure insanity!

Yeah, but when your alternate choice is "Doctor Freakin' OZ" what choice do you have?

The guy running for senate in PA, Fetterman wants to outlaw all life sentences even for murderers and let all current life sentences expire. It's people like him getting elected all over the country that's causing all this rise in crime. How can anyone vote for folks like that? Pure insanity!
Politics is show biz for the ugly
-Rush Limbaugh, ca. 1990-onwards

Still, I'm sure if the research was done on Albuquerque cycling incidents, you'd find far more injuries occur due to poor cycling techniques than they do due to road rage against somebody using good cycling techniques.
Believe it or not, but many websites - such as Fakeypedia - often list Da Q as one of the most bike-friendly cities in the US, which may be due to the fairly extensive network of bike trails and -lanes.

The problem with that is that many of the trails (not accessible to cars other than city maintenance vehicles) have, over the course of the past decade or so, become popular homeless and druggie hangouts.

This started when a former mayor had the brilliant idea to hand out free bicycles to the homeless so 'they could get to jobs more easily'. Which, of course, they didn't do, instead, they just set up their tents and cardboard boxes on the trails, making many of them impassable - especially after dark - and leaving veritable lakes of trash in their wake.

It's not as bad as L.A. or Paris, but bad enough to make me avoid bike trails whenever possible. The trails are not wide enough to avoid a passed out/dead guy lying in a pool of BBQ sauce/blood smack dab across the trail.....

The majority of people regularly using bicycles in the area fall into 1 of 3 basic categories: Lance Armstrongs-in-training, fully decked out in the latest Lycra, riding the most expensive carbon fiber titanium contraption, Hipster students religiously sticking to their ghetto right around the university- anything else being 'too redneck' for them - often on fixies or single speeds and those too broke for even the cheapest rustbucket used car from Fast Eddie's scam shop in the war zone, on a wide variety of bikes, no reflectors, no lights, (no brakes), dark clothes, hoodie...you know....

Every once in a while, you might see a Boomer or Xer couple on FEMA-Mart (formerly known as Walmart) China Aluminums or some old guy trying to regain his 1873 level of fitness, but those are rare.

I can, just to name one popular example, not recall seeing an attractive woman on a bicycle since about 2010 or so, and I'm one of maybe a few dozen in the entire city who actually go shopping or run errands on bicycles. In fact a few dozen may be too optimistic of an estimate.

Believe it or not, but many websites - such as Fakeypedia - often list Da Q as one of the most bike-friendly cities in the US, which may be due to the fairly extensive network of bike trails and -lanes. The problem with that is that many of the trails (not accessible to cars other than city maintenance vehicles) have, over the course of the past decade or so, become popular homeless and druggie hangouts. This started when a former mayor had the brilliant idea to hand out free bicycles to the homeless so 'they could get to jobs more easily'. Which, of course, they didn't do, instead, they just set up their tents and cardboard boxes on the trails, making many of them impassable - especially after dark - and leaving veritable lakes of trash in their wake. It's not as bad as L.A. or Paris, but bad enough to make me avoid bike trails whenever possible. The trails are not wide enough to avoid a passed out/dead guy lying in a pool of BBQ sauce/blood smack dab across the trail.....
The majority of people regularly using bicycles in the area fall into 1 of 3 basic categories: Lance Armstrongs-in-training, fully decked out in the latest Lycra, riding the most expensive carbon fiber titanium contraption, Hipster students religiously sticking to their ghetto right around the university- anything else being 'too redneck' for them - often on fixies or single speeds and those too broke for even the cheapest rustbucket used car from Fast Eddie's scam shop in the war zone, on a wide variety of bikes, no reflectors, no lights, (no brakes), dark clothes, hoodie...you know....
Every once in a while, you might see a Boomer or Xer couple on FEMA-Mart (formerly known as Walmart) China Aluminums or some old guy trying to regain his 1873 level of fitness, but those are rare.
I can, just to name one popular example, not recall seeing an attractive woman on a bicycle since about 2010 or so, and I'm one of maybe a few dozen in the entire city who actually go shopping or run errands on bicycles. In fact a few dozen may be too optimistic of an estimate.
Around these parts the homeless have on average 3 bikes by the tent. Do you think they paid for them?

About midway in this old video of mine, you'll see the effects of Lane Control. When I was a far-right rider I once got squeezed between a parked car and a passing vehicle on that same street.

Falls are statically the number one cause of cycling injuries and involve no contact with anything else. Failure to obey traffic laws ranks second. Side swipes and right hooks come in third; which could be avoided if one used Lane Control and rode predictably.

Notice that right lane is narrow? No room for a bike. That's a disaster waiting to happen for a bicycle. Think big pickup with wide hefty mirrors. I'd be on that black top side walk riding and no care what folks thought, or the popo. That's a 2 lane street at best and they made it into a 4 lane. We have those and they're dangerous.

Notice that right lane is narrow? No room for a bike. That's a disaster waiting to happen for a bicycle. Think big pickup with wide hefty mirrors. I'd be on that black top sidewalk riding and no care what folks thought, or the popo. That's a 2 lane street at best and they made it into a 4 lane. We have those and they're dangerous.
It's illegal to ride a motorized bicycle on a sidewalk anywhere. That's not a 4 lane street those are parking lanes because many of the houses don't have driveways.

Since when are spaced white lines used to define parking next to curb? In my USA those separate same direction travel lanes. Maybe your right, maybe not. Still not enough room for a bicycle and a big SUV/TRUCK to be traveling side by side in that lane your bike is resting in.

Back