Turn signals & lights

Since when are spaced white lines used to define parking next to curb? In my USA those separate same travel lanes. Maybe your right, maybe not. Still not enough room for a bicycle and a big SUV/TRUCK to be traveling side by side in that lane your bike is resting in.
Oak Ridge Tennessee was where the first atomic bomb was made "The Manhattan Project". The majority of the houses there are quads and duplexes; they're the old military houses. Most of them have no driveways. This was done to provide a parking space for the residents.

That's why you use Lane Control instead of riding to the far right. The lanes are too narrow for a vehicle to safely pass you by 3 feet without having to change lanes.

Oak Ridge Tennessee was where the first atomic bomb was made
Not entirely correct...lol...Alot of the research and development was done at a University level in Manhatten, NY as well as Oak Ridge, Tenn. but also in Los Alamos NM where the real putting together of all the theorists and scientists to develop implosion technology was where things actually took shape in the actual "making" or building the bomb with all final assembly of the "gadget" occuring just a few miles from me in the High Desert of Alamogordo,NM at a site named "Trinity" where it was finally assembled, it was then tested/detonated much to Oppenheimers and General Groves delight along with the rest of of his crew and the rest is history.

Not entirely correct...lol...Alot of the research and development was done at a University level in Manhatten, NY as well as Oak Ridge, Tenn. but also in Los Alamos NM where the real putting together of all the theorists and scientists to develope implosion was where things actually took shape in the actuall "making" or building the bomb with all final assembly of the "gadget" occuring just a few miles from me in the High Desert of Alamogordo,NM at a site named "Trinity" where once it was finally assembled, was then tested and detonated much to Oppenheimers and General Groves delight along with the rest of of his crew.
A lot of the parts was made and the majority of the research development was in OR. You're correct about the assembly and testing in NM. Keyspring road in OR was designed to prevent a tank from coming up it. Real steep hill at a hairpin turn. I'd have to put my chest on my handlebars to keep from flipping backwards. The hill is only about 2 car lengths long. OR was chosen in the event of a land invasion they could best defend it. OR was known as the Secret City because very few even knew it existed.

for horn get a basket because your gonna get attention

61r9xMXvtBL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

This bad boy not only gonna get the attention of everyone around you but it's gonna blow your ear drums right off

It's also (technically) illegal to ride a standard bicycle on sidewalks - but people do it anyway, sometimes even me.
Since you're not likely to encounter any pedestrians in most North American locations anyway - Murcans don't walk - it doesn't really matter and at least in my area, the cops don't seem to care. Guess they'd rather you break the laouw a little than having to scrape your mangled carcass off the road with a putty knife. And with 3 murders a night, they have better things to do, anyway.
Lines on pavement are just that.
Assuming that their legal meaning will actually be observed by everyone - or anyone - is a mistake.
There are 'bike lanes' that aren't even wide enough for a skateboard and ANYTHING can become a 'turn lane'.......even the sidewalk.
Speaking of, there are sidewalks not wide enough for most football or Oprah fans.

It's also (technically) illegal to ride a standard bicycle on sidewalks - but people do it anyway, sometimes even me.
Since you're not likely to encounter any pedestrians in most North American locations anyway - Murcans don't walk - it doesn't really matter and at least in my area, the cops don't seem to care. Guess they'd rather you break the laouw a little than having to scrape your mangled carcass off the road with a putty knife. And with 3 murders a night, they have better things to do, anyway.
Lines on pavement are just that.
Assuming that their legal meaning will actually be observed by everyone - or anyone - is a mistake.
There are 'bike lanes' that aren't even wide enough for a skateboard and ANYTHING can become a 'turn lane'.......even the sidewalk.
Speaking of, there are sidewalks not wide enough for most football or Oprah fans.
Just like laws vary from state to state in the US on motorized bicycles and mopeds; laws also vary from location to location about bicycles on sidewalks. They can even vary from one city to another city within the same state. Though electric mobility vehicles (15 mph or less) are allowed to operate on sidewalks; no gas-powered vehicle is allowed to do so. Where allowed, bicycles and electric mobility vehicles must yield to pedestrians.

You're correct in that some bicycle lanes are poorly designed and pose a greater danger to a cyclist/mb'er than a benefit. In these situations, one should then use Lane Control by riding in the center of the lane predictably with regular traffic.

If your city is that ruthless and lawless, then you're truly not safe in any vehicle regardless of how well and safe you're operating it. So anybody staying in such a place is there because they choose to be. I see Help Wanted signs in almost every area I've traveled to.

This is why many of us on the forum live where we live. I don't worry about my home being broken into, shot because somebody didn't like the way I looked at them, or ran over because they felt I was in their way. I'm not trying to be mean to you. Life should be enjoyed not spent being afraid.

IMG_20220929_200039.jpg

Recently used a 24v to 12v step down I got for $13 on Amazon to run my 18v Milwaukee batterys for my work tools on my all LED set up. Very nice front light that's nice and Bright.

Could be built for very cheap, for maybe as low as $80? Given a battery already exists.
IMG_20220929_200152.jpg

Really enjoy the battery life display.
IMG_20220929_200120.jpg
IMG_20220929_200133.jpg

fully functional light kit. Turn, brake and mains. The front lamp is an off road light pulling about 2000 lumens. I don't have the box so I can't remember the brand. Very nicely built.

I used my basic knowledge of 12v wiring for old cars and trucks. One could simply look up the diagrams for the correct location of the wiring since it's simple.

Use and LED flasher relay!

OK... I am getting ready to pull the trigger on SOMETHING that has a brake light... and I was ALMOST sold... however... (this was moved from another thread to this more appropriate thread)

@Sidewinder Jerry ... I'm really getting in to checking this unit out. I like everything about it EXCEPT the "brake light" (the most important aspect of the unit IMHO)... it only lights for 2 second intervals. It uses an accelerometer to determine when the brake is hit and then lights up for 2 seconds.

Not sure how I like that idea. I was hoping for a physical switch and for the brake to be lit the entire time I'm holding the brake.

Hmmmm.....

... this might be an option. Same setup though... but longer brake lamp. I am not sure 2 seconds is good...

HOWEVER... it too uses an accelerometer.

The more I think about it... the more I am realizing that an accelerometer solution WILL NOT WORK with our motorized bikes... Why?

Think about it... hit the gas... lamp says off.... let off the gas... lamp comes on like you hit the brake.

I am pretty darned sure the change of forces from acceleration to deceleration ITSELF (without hitting the brakes) will trigger that accelerometer.

:(

We're gunna have to find (or more likely ... MAKE ...) a wired solution... to a switch.

>argh<

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
View attachment 180636
Recently used a 24v to 12v step down I got for $13 on Amazon to run my 18v Milwaukee batterys for my work tools on my all LED set up. Very nice front light that's nice and Bright.

Could be built for very cheap, for maybe as low as $80? Given a battery already exists.
View attachment 180637
Really enjoy the battery life display.View attachment 180638View attachment 180639
fully functional light kit. Turn, brake and mains. The front lamp is an off road light pulling about 2000 lumens. I don't have the box so I can't remember the brand. Very nicely built.

I used my basic knowledge of 12v wiring for old cars and trucks. One could simply look up the diagrams for the correct location of the wiring since it's simple.

Use and LED flasher relay!
THIS is a fantastic idea! If I am forced to create a solution ... this is a VERY tempting avenue... I love the easy-charge aspect as well. Rather than going with a step-down transformer however... I'd just pick up the cheapest 12V power drill w/charger out there... ;)

Back