Turning an ebay CNC 12cc head into a 7cc powerhouse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's just a punch to the face when somebody tells you your posts are not helpful to others I would like to know in other people's eyes what is more helpful? somebody that tells you what is the norm and talks to you about what it should be. Or somebody that pushes past the norm and innovates new ideas to shows you what it can be?

Without innovation there would be no advancement for the future. So either you can stick to what you know Or you can Discover the unknown. Not a fight brewing just think what has been said was a slap to the face.

So bout to do my run and quiet the haters. Streetz if i hit 39mph at the end of my street you can no longer reply to any of my posts in the future. DEAL? . My road is about an 1/8th mile run and to make it fair I havnt even cleaned the burn rubber on my piston crown yet.

Speed clock run complete results are being Uploaded

Got my head down to 7ccs. With a pretty darn good squish ring. Not machine perfect, but will work just as good after I smooth her out with sandpaper. For a human eye and an angle grinder that ring is amaizing.
20230509_151641.jpg
20230509_151653.jpg

A guy like you is gonna need the right tool for surfacing heads
Yes I understand your making do with what tools ya have and getting the job done but...
Hopefully Santa will bring you a Bench Top Belt Sander this Christmas, It'll save ya a ton of work.
DSCF7404.JPG

A guy like you is gonna need the right tool for surfacing heads
Yes I understand your making do with what tools ya have and getting the job done but...
Hopefully Santa will bring you a Bench Top Belt Sander this Christmas, It'll save ya a ton of work.

Yes I most definitely need a belt sander. I actually attach the head upside down on top of a spare rim on the axle that way when I use the angle grinder the head would spin all i had to do is put pressure down as it spun it gave me an even grind all the way around the head but now that I am to fine tuning and squaring the meeting service I'm using the garage floor and sandpaper Been sanding for about 45 minutes but I'm almost there lol

Garage floor may seem flat but... I suggest sanding on plate glass to get it 100%
Any 100% flat surface will work

Yeah I would use glass but I don't have any glass I've used the garage floor quite a few times and it seems to work decent no leaks or nothing Just gotta make sure the floor is spotless and no humps in that spot

Yeah I would use glass but I don't have any glass I've used the garage floor quite a few times and it seems to work decent no leaks or nothing Just gotta make sure the floor is spotless and no humps in that spot
If I remember right the harbor freight bench top sander hasn't been hit too hard by inflation, they work ok, or save and get the Bauer model, it works great.

Keep your eyes open you'll find something
I found this piece of Plate Glass on the side of the road, it was a coffee table
I put on the big round stick on sanding discs
DSCF1134.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back