Turning off engine?

BlueWhizzer

Local time
3:34 AM
I have an original 1946 Whizzer that a friend of mine restored back in 1978. I have had it for about 5 years now. I was out for a long ride last night and wanted to turn the engine off because I was going down a very long and not very steep hill but, couldn't come up with a good way to shut the engine off without stopping and stalling the engine like I usually do.

Which brings me to the question of shutting the engine off using the compression release? Is it ok to do this? When you pull the compression release can the valve hit the cylinder? How do you shut off the engine?

If traveling at about 15mph could I just pull the clutch in and lower the engine to idle and open the compression release to shut the engine off?

Thanks Quenton.

I went for a nice ride tonight and shut the engine off using the compression release. It took a while for it to stall out, this little engine runs very well.

I rode past a guy sitting on a Harley (by one of my fishing spots) and the look on his face was priceless when he saw and heard the Whizzer going by. :D

Back