turning standard cag cylinder?

zippinaround

Local time
9:15 PM
just wondering if i can turn the cylinder of my standard cag by 180 degrees since it doesnt have a ported piston? or will that mess other stuff up?

spin the piston at the same time.

everything else looks right...coil is seperate, transfers are symmetrical...

it turns out the fins on the coil side are shorter than the other side so i'd have to grind them a bit! don't know if thats wise?

what the? you again? garn! git!

file, boy, file...

just do it! :giggle:

ok so i turned the piston and cylinder my next question is can i turn the coil the other way or will that mess with timing?

that one i cant answer.... then your starters backwards...then the fans backwards. grrr!

i mean just unbolt the the coil and flip it so the plug lead comes out the other side......no i can't because the coil is too fat on the other side! i'll just have to figure out how to get the plug lead to reach the plug and avoid the flipped exhaust!

Last edited:
looks much better this way.. what you think?

Attachments

• DSC01632a.JPG
    DSC01632a.JPG
    42.7 KB · Views: 223
oh. no. i thought you wanted it to rotate the other way as well at that point...

could be a pain in the :eek: if you gotta get off in a hurry!

lol. good to see it does work...

PICT0518.JPG

total deathtrap, no weight on the front wheel, might as well ride a unicycle :giggle:

i might take your lead now i know it works and flip my cylinder too! cus as it is, i cant finish welding the pipe up without removing engine... tight fit :)

so the pipe remains unwelded in places :giggle:

considering how much more grunt one of these with a HT pipe has than a HT with a tuned pipe...im sorta scared to put a real pipe on!

anyway. not really practical, just something for the friends kids to get hurt on :)

Back