Twister Shifters

Marktur

Local time
9:31 AM
Hi all,

Wondering how things will play out when I get my kit on Monday. I have a Schwinn 18 speed mtn/cruiser hybrid. Shifters on the handgrips, operated by twisting.

What's the best way to deal with this?

PS. I've done some searches, but I don't know the proper terminology I guess...I'm sure I'm not the only one with this question, so please don't flame me, just point me in the right direction.

Thanks,
Mark

MBC EDIT: THIS THREAD HAS BEEN MOVED

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi
I have the same shifter..
Your handle bars are Cluttered to say the least...

What i did was , move the right shifter towards center of handlebars====
( until you have room for Accelerator )
You cant shift normaly,, but its not difficult to shift ..
The left shifter stays normal..
easy.
Regards djase10

I will need to be able to continue to shift, or my big butt will grow! (Seriously, I need to ride still to help stay healthy). But I just don't want to show up at work sweaty...thus, a motorized bike!

I ended up just sliding them in towards the middle more...I probably won't be using this bike as my "riding" bike anyway...haven't shifted the gears more than once yet...just once or twice to get it to a good point for starting and pedal-assisted starts.

I guess it would be kinda cool to shift up into high gear and keep my legs moving while riding...but I have trouble walking and chewing gum at the same time, so I dunno ;) (Kidding).

Do what we do with the jackshaft set-up.

Remove front dérailleur and shifter, move right twist shifter to left side of bars. Mine had thumb shifters, but I LOVE the twist shifter with POWER to the gears!!:LOL:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back