Two bicycles stolen in San Diego / Point Loma

TheMightyGoat

Local time
1:24 AM
My girlfriend and I just bought two motorized bicycles from a nice older dude in Imperial Beach. Over a $1,000 investment. We enjoyed them for about a week before they were stolen from her 2nd story balcony in Point Loma. Yes they were locked up with a thick braided cable. (No room to keep them in the apt, it's a studio.) I did make a police report, but I don't expect to hear anything back. They're probably in Mexico or in some meth head's garage right now. Oh well. I'm posting pictures here just because the bicycles are distinctive (yes one has silly stickers on it, it was like that when I bought it). And if nothing else, let that serve as a warning...... can't own anything these days without putting a camera on it I guess.....

Attachments

• bike1.jpg
    bike1.jpg
    194.6 KB · Views: 266
  • bike2.jpg
    bike2.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 255
  • bike3.jpg
    bike3.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 264
maybe put a milwaukee one key next time on it. It might be possible to find that way.... thing is, someone near by would have to have the app. Other bike trackers cost like 20 dollars month gps subcription but with one key its free, but you might not have someone with the app nearby....

maybe put a milwaukee one key next time on it. It might be possible to find that way.... thing is, someone near by would have to have the app. Other bike trackers cost like 20 dollars month gps subcription but with one key its free, but you might not have someone with the app nearby....
View attachment 94857

Thanks. I'm not sure if that would be reliable with the app dependency. But it's very frustrating investing in something like this and not being able to own it for more than a week. If I GPS tracked a stolen item and it went to Mexico would police even do anything about it?

Thanks. I'm not sure if that would be reliable with the app dependency. But it's very frustrating investing in something like this and not being able to own it for more than a week. If I GPS tracked a stolen item and it went to Mexico would police even do anything about it?
no. the onekey thing is the best bet for the price, as its only like 10 or 20 dollars, but yeah, with the app dependecy it kinda has slim odds you find it, while gps is 100% odds, it would cost like 100-200 a year subscription, which is a scam but there is no competition so they can do whatever.... unless you create your own company and have a contract of sorts.... the problem is that gps is free to access, but to send that data to the cloud so you get a notification where it is costs money....... If you are in an area with LORA, or a company you could capatilize on this as a buisness..... Basically, lora is a internet that goes tens of miles, unlike a cell tower which goes whatever, but the cost is terrrible bandwidth like 1 kb / second. But for transmitting gps coordinates, this would be fine....

if its outside the us, that's foreign jurisdiction unfortunately and the us cant do anything about it, just like snowden who fled to russia, although us has stronger ties to mexico and agreements than russia, but unfortunately not over a motorbike, but a murder or something perhaps...... sorry, i hope things get better or something for you, its terrible to steal motorbikes. i can understand ppl stealing from a store or corporation as they have billions of dollars in stocks and get money from quantative easing and monetary policy.......but not really from an individual, especially something handmade..... :(

EDIT: Hold on your in luck, it appears its much cheaper than i thought not 100 dollars per year for the networks.... https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/bike-tracker-catching-thieves/

Last edited:
Back