Two Expansion Chambers?

YetiWoodz

Local time
10:39 AM
Expansion chambers can either operate at low end or high end rpms. If I were to put two expansion chambers on, one being low end, the other being high end, would that increase power in both low end and high end, or would it just be tuned into the middle like 'all terrain tires.' They can be used on all terrains, but they are not great at any one of them, just ok.

The length of the header pipe going into the expansion chamber determines when the pipe hits. Long header= low end. Short header= top end.
You cannot run 2 expansion pipes on these engines.

Expansion chambers can either operate at low end or high end rpms. If I were to put two expansion chambers on, one being low end, the other being high end, would that increase power in both low end and high end, or would it just be tuned into the middle like 'all terrain tires.' They can be used on all terrains, but they are not great at any one of them, just ok.
Don't let them talk you out of your brilliant ideas!
Just do it!
2 exhausts and 2 carbs with ram intakes!

1580257489001.png

There is no reason you can't run twin pipes. If you run 2 expansion chambers set for different rpms i think you would need like an exhaust valve to switch the flow to where you want it when you need it. It's just going to be expensive and heavy and probably not produce much for results.

Thats why you shouldn't. You need to do a valve system, otherwise it would not work either because two different frequencies or the engine not producing enough gas for both the pipes.. It's possible, but ineffective.

When it comes down to it, its your bike, do what you want with it.

If you really wanted to be scientific about it, you could record top speed and acceleration with various exhaust setups, for example 1 expansion chamber compared to 2, and see/feel the difference yourself.

Either way, if it makes the bike perform better, great, if theres no improvement or it makes it worse, great, you're still learning something.

Back