Exhaust Two Questions: Exhaust and RPM

Ok little trade secret!! If you want to put a decent bend in your pipe without causing damage plug one end fill it with water and drop it in the freezer over night. The ice inside will support the inner walls of the pipe and stop it kinking while you bend.

I dont know what kind of tools you have to work with but if you have an emt bender that would work best and yes take it off the motor those little 6mm studs wont take the turning presure off bending the tube but you will need to get some hi-temp paint cause the crome plating is going to crack and chip when you bend the tube.....i've found that just playing around with an emt bender(20 bucks at most hardwhere stores)and 10 foot of 1" emt (electrical conduit) you can make some realy cool bends for exhaust pipes

Engine speed

Posted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 4:44 am Post subject: Sprocket and engine RPM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just for your info I crunched the numbers and based on a 26" bike wheel here are the results......

At 30 MPH with 44 tooth sprocket engine RPM is 7,205
At 30 MPH with 36 tooth sprocket engine RPM is 5,895

And if the engine would do 10,000 RPM with 36 tooth sprocket the road speed will be 50.9 MPH

Regards Al

SKARYFAST said:
Ok little trade secret!! If you want to put a decent bend in your pipe without causing damage plug one end fill it with water and drop it in the freezer over night. The ice inside will support the inner walls of the pipe and stop it kinking while you bend.

I read about a guy filling tubing with sand....then he wedged it between a couple trees and made his bend. so I totally buy the ice trick. we're getting into some McGuyver stuff here.

srdavo said:
SKARYFAST said:

I read about a guy filling tubing with sand....then he wedged it between a couple trees and made his bend. so I totally buy the ice trick. we're getting into some McGuyver stuff here.

I can see the sand trick but not the ice. To me the ice would not bend but would break up, maybe it does work. Just seam the sand would be easier.

Ice and sand

I have heard that balbarings are something that I heared can be put in a pipe. seems like ice would brake.

it will break, but since the crushed-ice still has nowhere to go, the pipe will have the "backpressure" that helps to prevent kinking 8)

after the job is done just use the crushed-ice for a margarita or something :devilish:

There's too long of a story behind it, but I replaced the pipe on my exhaust with 3/4" conduit (it was the same size) and used a conduit bender to bend it.

Back