Two stroke bicycle engine bucking bar clutch problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
First check the cable to make sure the clamp hasn't moved.

Tighten the flower nut to add more clutch grip, loosen it to reduce clutch grip.

What’s happening is when I attempt to put on the drive chain cover with the clutch arm it doesn’t want to go on easily, and when I force it on the clutch locks up and no matter how tight or loose the flower nut is, the clutch will not engage. What could this be?

When you say engage do you mean the clutch is slipping?

With the side cover on and the flower nut tightened correctly the clutch is engaging the drive line to the engine, when you move the lever inward it should separate the drive line from the engine. I’ve never had a problem like this so it’s hard to get an idea of what your dealing with.

Do you mean the clutch wont release? Does the back wheel spin without the engine turning? If it doesn't then the clutch pads are probably stuck to the clutch plates. I smacked mine with a hammer but you should probably take it apart. Remove the flower nut ant clutch plate then pull each pad out and then stick them back in. Now you clutch will disengage.

Did you put the locking screw back in the clutch plate to keep the flower nut from spinning loose? also are the pads clean? It sounds like if it worked then you took it for a ride and it don't grab anymore you left the locking screw out. That would allow the flower nut to spin out and make the adjustment out enough to cause the gear cover to need to be forced on which in turn is dis-engaging your clutch.

i have never ridden this bike, and the problem is when i force the clutch arm cover onto the engine, it seems like the entire clutch locks up. When the cover is on the bike the back wheel cannot move at all, no matter what position the flower nut is in, or if the clutch level is pulled in or not.

Look on the inside of the clutch arm cover to see if the chain is binding on the side closest to the mag. cover. Sometimes (nearly always) the chain hits the front of the cover, and sometimes it hits enough to stop the chain from moving around the gear causing the rear tire to freeze no matter weather the clutch is in or out. To fix this you just cut the area of the cover that shows where the chain is hitting. Worth a look.
View media item 61791

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back