Two stroke bicycle engine bucking bar clutch problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
sounds freaky,, what about something wrong with the bucking bar n ball? not likely but maybe look into if it's not the chain hitting??
other than those things the little bearings in the clutch assembly can be smooshed and come out. a new clutch isn't expensive

Last edited:
These bucking bar problems are odd to me I've never encountered it. Among the other problems. Improper length? I think the inner spring is adjustable or something might be off. Theres collars on the shaft.

Thanks for all the replies everyone, I am trying all your suggestions now. However I have ran into another problem. My bike is old school, it was my grandparents from over 50 years ago, and the tubes where I mounted my engine are too small for the engine fitting clamp and screws... so the entire engine can wiggle around. How can I secure the engine to the bike frame better? I have tightened the screws and nuts all the way but the bike frame tubes r just too small

wow thin frame, , you'll have a bumpy ride lol. section of garden hose could do it also

Thanks for all the replies everyone, I am trying all your suggestions now. However I have ran into another problem. My bike is old school, it was my grandparents from over 50 years ago, and the tubes where I mounted my engine are too small for the engine fitting clamp and screws... so the entire engine can wiggle around. How can I secure the engine to the bike frame better? I have tightened the screws and nuts all the way but the bike frame tubes r just too small
I would split some metal tubing to shim out to a clampable OD.. PVC may last a while, but garden hose will get eaten quickly. Metal to metal is the best mount.

Last edited:
may be moot bcs the frame might not stand up to being motorized for long.

Copper tubing can be used, EMT conduit is another choice. Make sure the rear mount is solid, if not you'll have a lot of problems. It sounds like a small diameter frame with a engine kit for a large frame. We used to have the reverse problem, about ten years ago all kits were designed for small frame tubes, bike tubing size has increased a lot since. If your kit came with a front mount adapter you may have to drill holes and use a smaller u-bolt.

Last edited:
On the front mount you can you can make a adapter using a Muffler clamp that fits your down tube and some 3/16"
steel. I would still use the split metal tubing as a shim though. It protects the frame from pinch and vibration wear.
View media item 61612

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back