Two Stroke Initial Pre-Mix Question

@fivestar45
Syn vrs Dino
Try break in with Syn oil on one of these 2 stroke motor kits and see if it works like you think it should
Report back with your results
No Thanks. Starting out with a deck that is that stacked isn't for me.
A $100.00 bet leads to a Forever Endeavor.
For me, I just wonder why better lubrication will somehow be detrimental to a poorly built motor. And using a lot more of a less quality lube is superior to the task.
Thank You All that were kind enough to reply.

I just wonder why better lubrication will somehow be detrimental to a poorly built motor. And using a lot more of a less quality lube is superior to the task.
Think of it like Russian armament vs German over-engineered armament during WWII...There was so much excessive slop in the Russian stuff that even with ice, snow, mud, etc. everything would still somehow work...Even their guns would still work after being dropped in the mud...lol...The German stuff not so much because it was so well engineered with closer tolerances etc. their stuff just wouldn't work in the climate and conditions of a Russian winter....All the good stuff they had even including their new synthetic oils that they had just pioneered and invented for the war effort was no help for their machinery under these operating conditions...lol.

Keep in mind that the Russians were the ones who actually invented these motors we now use for our bikes, the Chinese cloned them to sell to the world of motorised bike people like us...lol.

These Chinesium contraptions are also made with excessive slop so we break them in accordingly...lol.

Think of it like Russian armament vs German over-engineered armament during WWII...There was so much excessive slop in the Russian stuff that even with ice, snow, mud, etc. everything would still somehow work...Even their guns would still work after being dropped in the mud...lol...The German stuff not so much because it was so well engineered with closer tolerances etc. their stuff just wouldn't work in the climate and conditions of a Russian winter....All the good stuff they had even including their new synthetic oils that they had just pioneered and invented for the war effort was no help for their machinery under these operating conditions...lol.

Keep in mind that the Russians were the ones who actually invented these motors we now use for our bikes, the Chinese cloned them to sell to the world of motorised bike people like us...lol.

These Chinesium contraptions are also made with excessive slop so we break them in accordingly...lol.

Russians have a knack for making miserably cheap stuff run forever.
Look at the lada!

Unfortunately China has a knack for making miserably cheap stuff... miserably cheap.

Germans didn't have enough Dino Oil for their WW2 war efforts so they made Syn oil

Germans didn't have enough Dino Oil for their WW2 war efforts so they made Syn oil
That was the primary reason, but they had also discovered that it was superior for better flow capabilities in cold weather climates...They knew they weren't going to be sunbathing on the Russian Front so they didn't pack their swimsuits...lol...lol.

That was the primary reason, but they had also discovered that it was superior for better flow capabilities in cold weather climates...They knew they weren't going to be sunbathing on the Russian Front so they didn't pack their swimsuits...lol...lol.

Mankind makes the most advanced inventions during wartime

A point of confusion for me, that hopefully can be clarified.
I have never run one of the Chinese "C/G" motors. About 20+ years back I did buy one. When it arrived I opened the box, looked it over, re-boxed it and put it on Craigs list.
So that is the extent of my familiarity with those.
I only mention this because a large percentage of the posts on this forum relate to Chinese motors. And I'm supposing that the answer to my question might be based on those.
So..I have read several posts that say never use Full Synthetic pre mix for initial run in. And I have read posts that mention initial mix ratios from 16:1 up to 20:1.
I get it, first start up and first hours of service require all the lubrication they can get.
Which brings me to my question, why hobble the lubrication by only using mineral based pre mix's and crutching it with high oil mix ratios? Why not just start out with a better synthetic oil and mix it at 24:1 or 32:1 ?
I have been an engine builder for over 60 yr's. And I know how critical start up and initial run in lubrication is. So why not use the best available? rather than hope for the best
I personally have used full synthetic in all new engines since the early 1970's and never had a problem with rings seating, bearing failures, or piston seizing.
So, is the higher mix ratio of a lesser oil just something that applies to the Chinese 2 stroke motors?
Thanks
well I have run these Chinese engines and I run them 50 to 1 mix ratio from the beginning to the end and most of them that I have had lasted about in the 13 to 14,000 mi. There are people at go leaner than a 50 to one but I would never do that what's the modern oils that we have available 50 to 1 is not going to hurt the engine at all Not even during break in. Just use a good two stroke oil in fact I always use the super tech oil which is the Walmart brand and I've never had any trouble.

well I have run these Chinese engines and I run them 50 to 1 mix ratio from the beginning to the end and most of them that I have had lasted about in the 13 to 14,000 mi. There are people at go leaner than a 50 to one but I would never do that what's the modern oils that we have available 50 to 1 is not going to hurt the engine at all Not even during break in. Just use a good two stroke oil in fact I always use the super tech oil which is the Walmart brand and I've never had any trouble.
Glad it worked for ya, but you will never catch the more "seasoned" among us here ever recommend such little oil for our motors...Oil is not only for lubrication but also for cooling purposes and some of the newer motors put out today are running higher heat levels then previous engine generations.

Back