Engine Trouble Two-Stroke Motor Suddenly No Idle

Checked the head bolt torque lately?
I currently do not own a torque wrench, and I doubt the head bolts are the culprit since their torque hasn't changed significantly.
People pointed out to me that a torque wrench is pricey, and it even costs more than my motorized bike. So, I believe investing in a torque wrench is not a solution at all at the moment. I'm thinking about other possibilities for the problem, especially since the spark plug is still working.

I currently do not own a torque wrench, and I doubt the head bolts are the culprit since their torque hasn't changed significantly.
People pointed out to me that a torque wrench is pricey, and it even costs more than my motorized bike. So, I believe investing in a torque wrench is not a solution at all at the moment. I'm thinking about other possibilities for the problem, especially since the spark plug is still working.
I've seen spark plugs work out of the cylinder & then not work in the cylinder because of the compression.

Might want to make sure your magneto rotor did not slip time.

There is what you "believe" and what you can actually confirm. Did you check them, yes or no? If you aren't going to work with us on trouble shooting the problem why even ask for help in the first place? Just go back to not knowing what you are doing and don't waste people's time.

The fact that you don't "believe:" they can come loose after 1 "smooth ride" proves that you know very little on how these engines can behave.

Fact: It DOES happen, we have seen it more than once. Maybe you didn't notice that TWO different people asked about it or mentioned it? That isn't a clue for you?

If it didn't, great, we can move on to further trouble shooting. If yes, tighten them using a torque wrench to 144 inch-pounds. Then, if it solves the problem, YAY! If it doesn't it eliminates another variable from the equation. This helps prevent us, and you, from chasing ghosts.

I won't help if you aren't willing to even do the most basic stuff like confirming that 4 head bolts are torqued properly. If that is too much work for you then you just aren't worth my time. Good luck with your problem.
If it solves the problem, great. If not, at least we've ruled out another variable.

Another thing to check would be the crankshaft seals. If 1 of them popped out, that would cause it not to run.

Just make sure the magneto rotor did not shear the key in crankshaft. The magneto rotor is also directional soo dont get it flipped around when you remove it to check your timing key.
After removing the magneto rotor to inspect the timing key, can you walk me through the next steps in detail? In particular, I don’t know how to treat the magneto rotor and timing key gently, as well as preventing errors while performing the inspection.

Attachments

• keywaay598305.jpg
    keywaay598305.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 19
Back