Two Stroke Recommendation

• Thread starter Deleted Member 4613
  • Start date
They look good to me, I bought a 48cc two piece and it was a big PITA for issues that needed sorting.

The issues I see with that kit are: I'd drill out the idler pulley chainstay clamps for two bolts and buy a set 7mm grade 5 bolts/washers/nylok nuts.

See that weird looking semi dogbone metal strap? That's your muffler support strap. Use it! As it will drastically reduce your engine's vibration and possibility of stripping the exhaust bolts from the cylinder.

The great torque is because they've worked some magic with the transfer ports to boost the low end some, this engine will actually pull a little bit above idle speed unlike a lot of older HT engines. They're also much smoother than the 66cc's that proceeded these new one piece engines.

I know I'll get flamed by the hop up crowd, but don't try to mod this engine, it's meant to be a mid RPM slogger, which is what motorized bike engines should be.

By all means clean up inside of the engine transfers and ports, inspect and oil the cylinder before using, check the steel intake tract for flash and welding spatter before running, and tune your carb and possibly rejet as these are sent with really rich main jets.

Back