• Register now! It's free and easy.
  • Show your bike to the world, upload a photo today!
  • Hi Guest, did you know we have a dark style? It might be easier on the eyes at night time! Try it out here: Style Chooser

Two-stroke TUNER'S HANDBOOK by G. Jennings (online ref)

O

OldPete

This was considered The Bible by many a stroker tuner. I have not read it through but will do so as soon as I buy a stroker.
Consider very carefully what metal is removed because in many cases it can not be put back on.

It would be a good idea to save this to your own comp as it may not stay on line.
The book is long out of print but eBay did have a used copy at $92. :D
Gordon hated math and tries to keep it simple. :cool:

http://edj.net/2stroke/jennings/

C

custom_tecumseh

I've saved it too my hard drive for future reference.

Thanks for the link. :D

J

jol

Hehe look at the pdf-version of the 2stroke tuners handbook, at the pdf page six (not scanned book six) there is some sidenotes... in Swedish :D
And the speeds are converted from feet/min to metres/sec too :cool:

O

OldPete

At one time Husqvarna was not Italian owned and offered some on the better dirt bikes of the '70s & '80s.
The only issue my friends had with theirs was leaking front fork seals.

This handbook is a treasure. :cool:

T

Tinker1980

Ol' Pete said:
At one time Husqvarna was not Italian owned and offered some on the better dirt bikes of the '70s & '80s.
The only issue my friends had with theirs was leaking front fork seals.
I am the proud owner of a 1977 Husqvarna WR250 trail bike. Starts on the 2nd kick and goes much faster than something that old should be able to.

H

Herrmanator8

thanks for the link, ill save it to my hard drive. ill read it as soon as possible, i recently read a 100 page book on small engines two stroke and 4 stroke and now im in the middle of a 500 page book on small engines then i have a few more after that. i plan on being an electrical mechanical engineer as a career. i figure i should learn soon. :D

jon

H

Herrmanator8

jesu* chris*!!! over 150 pages that im gonna have to print! thats like a block of wood!!! eeh...ill figure out where to print it eventually.

jon