Type of oil I should use in my 2 stroke engine?

GiselleLFreude

Local time
3:04 AM
Hey guys. I've just finished building my first motorized bicycle. Now it's time to put some gas in the tank. It's a 2 stoke engine, the kind you get from China. What kind of oil should I mix with the gasoline? And where should I get it? Also, about the gasoline, do I just get regular gas down at any gas station? Pardon my ignorance, I just really want to do this right.
49211194_2083408635015364_4684918131401949184_n.jpg

First off cut a link or two out of your chain having it like that is not safe. run 32:1 2 cycle oil in it some people say run more oil if you like too but take the sparkplug out and put a few generous squirts of oil inside before you start it and when you start it run full choke to fill the insides with a coat of oil/gas mix before you turn the choke off and start it have fun.

Just use regular gas at the gas station you can find 2 cycle 2 stroke oil at any place that sells motor oils usually

First off cut a link or two out of your chain having it like that is not safe. run 32:1 2 cycle oil in it some people say run more oil if you like too but take the sparkplug out and put a few generous squirts of oil inside before you start it and when you start it run full choke to fill the insides with a coat of oil/gas mix before you turn the choke off and start it have fun.
Are you sure it's unsafe? I admit it's a bit close but there's a half inch of clearance between the tensioner and sprocket. I've test spun the wheel as fast as I can get it to go and there doesn't seem to be any issues. The chain is pretty tight, less than a half inch of play.

I agree, fix that chain! Take a few links out and move the tensioner toward the peddles, the chain should have some slack in it, if it's too tight it will jump off the rear sprocket. Any high quality synthetic 2 stroke oil at 32:1 will be fine. Don't mix it too thick, it won't really damage the engine but it will just gunk up your exhaust pipe and eventually cause problems. If you want you can use Opti2 oil. I use it at 100:1. It doesn't have the same heat tolerances of most regular 2 stroke oils but these little engines don't get hot enough to break down the oil anyway. The great thing about it is that at 100:1 it has almost no smoke or oil build up. Also, I should say that I have an upgraded head with large cooling fins on my china girl which makes it run considerably cooler than stock. Still get one of these and it will last you 100 gallons----> https://www.ebay.com/itm/Opti-One-G...=item3f97954afc:g:2oMAAOSwsTVatk7s:rk:12:pf:0

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I buy The 8 oz Oil bottle packs it works and real quick to do measurements just use half a bottle per gallon of gas

Its not the idea of how far it is away its that its going to a very steep angle and when you start riding it its going to stretch a lot more and you will have no more adjustment that you can possibly do. take a look at my bike the chain tentioner is about mid point yours should also too.
47067108_1797716600355144_4677965979509063680_n.jpg

Also your first upgrade you should get a Sprocket Hub Adapter for your bike it will be worth your money the rag joint that comes with your kit will eat your spokes after a few hundred miles happened to me me and many others .
46855708_1797716477021823_9022542995341180928_n.jpg

Its not the idea of how far it is away its that its going to a very steep angle and when you start riding it its going to stretch a lot more and you will have no more adjustment that you can possibly do. take a look at my bike the chain tentioner is about mid point yours should also too.View attachment 85391
Also your first upgrade you should get a Sprocket Hub Adapter for your bike it will be worth your money the rag joint that comes with your kit will eat your spokes after a few hundred miles happened to me me and many others .
View attachment 85392
I like that sprocket adapter. Is that a 1" hub?

Yes its a 36 tooth 1 inch hub
Yeah, I wanted one like that but at the time (several years ago) I couldn't find the smaller size ones, all they had was the larger, coaster brake hub size. I ended up getting this 9 hole one which works pretty good but 9 holes is kinda a pain. Anyway, it does fit that 1" hub perfectly and even comes with shims so you can use it on even smaller hubs---> http://www.livefastmotors.com/produ...e-motor-clamshell-sprocket-adapter-small.html

Back