U mount for friction drive, cant put on nut on the bolts

Look through the carb and make sure it actually closes.
Your idle could be set way too high.

Make sure the throttle cable has no sharp bends, make sure the cable housing is inserted all the way into the barrel ends. Mount your kill switch where it fits out of the way using the 2 wires attached to the 2 wires coming out of the motor. See where I mounted mine on the eyelet on the left seat stay near the seat.
View attachment 158204
Nice seat, I got the Cloud 9 Sofa Seat for my E bike and I love it. Mine's all black with white piping, no gray
DSCF4440.JPG

I'm also encountering some problems with the engine now. The engine idles too high and the engine will run furiously even if I apply NO force on the throttle. If you close the choke it will barely run and when open it will just shut off. I have NO clue what's going on.
I ended up fixing it by consulting another member who had the same issue a few mo ago. You have to adjust the throttle cable because it is likely not releasing all the way back causing idle to be too high.

Make sure the throttle cable has no sharp bends, make sure the cable housing is inserted all the way into the barrel ends. Mount your kill switch where it fits out of the way using the 2 wires attached to the 2 wires coming out of the motor. See where I mounted mine on the eyelet on the left seat stay near the seat.
View attachment 158204
Just realized the honda gx50 has only 1 kill wire from the motor and switch, grounds through the frame. Same install though.
Hey, sorry for the late reply. I did end up fixing the idle issue. However I still don't know how to connect the killswitch. I've never connected two wires before. When you say you ground the wire, your saying you connected them using the frame to get the current to the engine?

You connect the wire to the switch wire and the switch grounds through the frame to kill the motor, grounds the spark.

You connect the wire to the switch wire and the switch grounds through the frame to kill the motor, grounds the spark.
Both of the switches are male. They don't connect to each other. I'm supposed to get something else to connect them?

Don't use a butt connector, use a male on one and a female on the other so you can disconnect the wire if needed.

Back