Ugh!!! Weird results changing jets and other mysteries.

With the original jet I had the clip in every position (four out of five) except all the way down. I'll have a new video up tomorrow. Meantime, did you see this one when I had the original jet? It's very short. Maybe you could give it a watch. But clip all the way down ...? At that point wouldn't it be better to use a larger jet?

From the look of it in that video the petcock isn't open, or open enough, the arm should be in line with the fuel line.

Pedal some and get it up to speed before you try to start it.

From the look of it in that video the petcock isn't open, or open enough, the arm should be in line with the fuel line.

Pedal some and get it up to speed before you try to start

Pedal some and get it up to speed before you try to start it.
Petcock is in the open position. There are actually two open positions with these right? Pointed all the way up and pointed all the way down should both be open and closed is when pointed in the middle.

"Pedal some and get it up to speed before you try to start it." Easy for you to say! 😝 This thing is pretty tiring to get up to any speed.

First time I started mine it ran great. I lost the bucking bar so had to wait for that for a few days and then the bike wouldn’t start. Shot a little stating fluid and it fired right over. Starts everytime now. Sounds like your getting too much fuel and the engine is flooding. I assume your at wide open throttle? Do you get better response with the choke open or closed?

First time I started mine it ran great. I lost the bucking bar so had to wait for that for a few days and then the bike wouldn’t start. Shot a little stating fluid and it fired right over. Starts everytime now. Sounds like your getting too much fuel and the engine is flooding. I assume your at wide open throttle? Do you get better response with the choke open or closed?
I've since put on a new intake and leveled out the carb. I will make another test run soon, possibly today if the weather holds or improves.

I've since put on a new intake and leveled out the carb. I will make another test run soon, possibly today if the weather holds or improves.
Some engines can take a lot of pedaling and turning over to start , my first two bikes started within a block , my last bike , a zeda triple 40 , stock , took a solid 45 mins of trying to start .

WOW...I turn my pedals a full three or four times total and My Zeda 80 starts right up and takes off...DAMIEN
When I first tried starting , new build start . I tried for like 20 mins straight the night I finished it , lost light , got a little pissy , had to walk away ,slept on it. Next morning put in 20 more mins . After that ,I don't think I even had to tighten a bolt on that motor , no clutch issues , nothin , just ran it , it still runs ...and runs..

Back